News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fae Photos

Started by Lavender, May 11, 2008, 09:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

Oh I love her!

I cant remember her name.

groomporter

Quote'A Scottish adventurer, inventor, and photographer named Neville Colmore claimed to have constructed a device capable of "...parting the veil of Faery...". The device, which he called the "Spectobarathrum", produced beautiful photo graphic plates he called "fatagravures", through a now lost process. The original "Spectobarathrum" along with all of the images he claimed to have made were believed destroyed in a fire.

'The images were first made public in the 1890?s. They were presented in scientific lectures and were by and large ignored'
Seem some of the pics at
http://www.retronaut.co/2011/12/parting-the-veil-of-faery-1890s/
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Widget

Quote from: Adriana Rose on December 04, 2011, 08:52:39 PM
Oh I love her!

I cant remember her name.

Gwenivere (sp?) i believe it was.

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Niennis

Myself (right) and my best friend Glenda at Faerieworlds Harvest. This was a picture snapped as we were planning to eat, but we can hardly resist a quick pose XD

Us again, though me with a different mask. We were bringing an offering of fruit to the Solstice altar.

It was all great fun and I can hardly wait until the next one :D

(Not sure who took the pictures, but I thank them!)
Hey, why not?

FaeHollow

So I have a collection of some of my fae stuff to share.

2011 at Sherwood:

Close- up of that make-up:

Set of little butterfly wings I made:

My costume that I am updating for Scarby in 2 weeks ( sea fairy named Lorelei):

One wing of the new set for my Lorelei garb:

My new headpiece one side and the other for Lorelei:

Lorelei's new staff:

And my make-up design for Lorelei:

I cannot WAIT to get full pictures of all this when it pulls together. I'm making some costume upgrades on the skirt... I bought 3 more yards of fabric and a HUGE net.
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

Dang it now I wish my fairy stuff would be ready by then and we could go together! Pout  :(  Looks great!  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

FaeHollow

Bonny- when are you going? I may not be perf co this year at TRF depending on if I get a job or not... maybe we can be fae then! :)
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

If we go to Scarby, it will be closing weekend.  I won't have everything ready by then.  I still need to make the shirt and skirts (Guinny is helping me with that as I am not a good seamstress), get a wand made, finish the wings, figure out jewelry, make up, etc.  What work being a fairy is lol!

If you end up coming to TRF as a playtron that would be fun to dress the same day! 
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Selkie

Very nice photos, Fae Hollow. :) Love the shades of blue and green together on your Lorelei outfit.
"I am a woman upon the land, I am a seal in the sea..."

magicxx

My group! The Fae of the Wildwood. There are about 10 of us right now.

There are a lot of us not shown in these pictures. I'm Esper the Rain Faerie. The blue one with very red lips and blue head wreath. I also have another character, an elf instead, that I'm working on but I have no pictures of her.

Bonny Pearl

Great pics magicxx!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

LadyFae

We love the Fae of Wildwood and thank you AGAIN for coming to visit us in MN last year!  My three daughters and I were lucky enough to meet all of you that were there and they STILL talk about it!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

magicxx

Awe I'm so glad you guys remember us! We had such a good time. We're hoping to come again this year, and likely will. Our director is getting married in September so the challenge is finding a good time for all of us to go as a group.

FaeHollow

A group of Fae... dream job. I keep getting stuck as a German at TRF though but one day... I'll be a full fledged working fae!
Leigh