News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Messina Italian Renaissance Festival - Sept 20

Started by Craigmeister, August 18, 2008, 08:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

There will be a new Renaissance Festival next month in Bristow, OK.  It will be tied in w/ a wine fest so maybe I'll wind up as the fest's designated driver.  Thanks Emerald, for the tip.

http://www.freewebs.com/eventcoordinator-mirf/
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quite welcome Craig - always glad to spread the word about new events and festivals here in our great state.

This one day festival is a promotion for the "Grand Opening" in 2009.  It will give the community in and around Bristow, Ok a chance to see what the festival is about and what it can offer to the city coffers.  Come on out and help us celebrate the Renaissance and enjoy some of the best wines that Oklahoma can produce!

Some of the entertainment to be had are:
Steel Serenity - Live Steel & Bull whip Combat group.  The bullwhip fights are amazing to watch.

Byron T. Bear - 'Live Trained' Black Bear educator; frequently seen at events across Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Southern Missouri and Northern Texas.  You do not want to miss meeting this gentle bear and learning of the danger facing today's Black Bear in Oklahoma.

The Ladies of the Salty Kiss - Comedic Female Privateer Crew doing what they do best - Cheezy Pirate Comedy!

Check the website for more information and to see who else will be joining us to entertain and delight on September 20th!

Fair Winds
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Craigmeister

The faire is just a week away.  I can't wait!  The website now has their talent pool listed.  Have you ever seen female jousters?  I saw the ladies of "Mounted Fury" at the Northwest Arkansas Ren Fest last fall.  They're good & a nice change from seeing guys tilt all the time.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Had to "ping" this message just to remind folks about this one-day faire.  Who all is coming out and joining m'crew and I for a day of fun and enjoyment?

Emerald
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Craigmeister

I'll be there.  I don't know about my sister-in-law & her friends this time though.

I heard yesterday that there will be almost 2 dozen more booths next year at Tulsa's King's Champion Medieval Faire.  Huz-zah!

Emerald Shaunassey

Huzzah!  Here's to running into each other on the morrow.  Indeed, King's Champion is already hard at work on next year's festival; doing the behind-the-scenes work and such.  I am looking forward to next year's fest.

Until the Morrow ...
Fair Winds and Safe Travels
Emerald

BLAKDUKE

We have made contact with them about their royal court and mayhap they will invite us to come and join them.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Craigmeister

What a great day for a great new Renaissance Festival! This fest was heavy on the Renaissance & light on the wine. Upon walking in, I was surprised to see Leghorn the Piper! His home faire is the 4 Winds Faire in Tyler, TX. I met him last fall at Fayetteville. He has family in northeast OK though. He drove 6 hours last night to be here. I'm glad he did. He's a great guy & great bagpiper.

Bristow's City Park is very nice. There are wide open spaces & lots of shade. Its layout on the side of a hill is kind of reminiscent of Joplin's Ren Fest but it wasn't nearly as high. I was told that next year, they'll try to move the fest to the Creek County Fairgrounds between Kellyville & Sapulpa so Mounted Fury can joust inside the arena. That worked well in Fayetteville last year. We'll see how that turns out b/c there's very little shade there.

The Ladies of the Salty Kiss and Leghorn were on par today. I saw Steel Serenity for the 1st time. They're very good ground combatants from Kansas City. I had not seen whips used in such a style before. One of their guys only had 1 leg but fought as well as the others. He even used his crutch for a decoy. Very commendable! I'd never heard much of Fugli's material before today. He's worked great wit into his music. I had to buy a cd once I caught onto his schtick.

I'm really glad my buddy Phil went w/ me to the Scottish Games last year. He's a salesman & as such was talking to everyone working there. I picked up on that during this year's fests. I've been able to get to know Dustin Cooper, Fugli, Leghorn, Gandalf & Emerald a little bit. These are great people that deserve great recognition. They're good people and if it weren't for them, the faires & fests in this region wouldn't have the heart & flair that they do. HUZZAH to them & the unrecognized people who contribute to our local culture in the same way!!!

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on September 19, 2008, 12:34:58 PM
We have made contact with them about their royal court and mayhap they will invite us to come and join them.

That would be most wonderful indeed Blakduke.  Do keep us appraised of what occurs.

Emerald

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Craigmeister on September 21, 2008, 12:46:19 AM
What a great day for a great new Renaissance Festival! This fest was heavy on the Renaissance ...

The Ladies of the Salty Kiss and Leghorn were on par today. I saw Steel Serenity for the 1st time. They're very good ground combatants from Kansas City. I had not seen whips used in such a style before. One of their guys only had 1 leg but fought as well as the others. He even used his crutch for a decoy. Very commendable!

...I've been able to get to know Dustin Cooper, Fugli, Leghorn, Gandalf & Emerald a little bit. These are great people that deserve great recognition. They're good people and if it weren't for them, the faires & fests in this region wouldn't have the heart & flair that they do. HUZZAH to them & the unrecognized people who contribute to our local culture in the same way!!!

Dear Craig,
     I'm so glad you enjoyed your day at MIRF.  I agree the park is quite lovely - nice mixture of shade and open areas.  I must say that the most beautiful spot is one I didn't notice until the very end of the day - the landscaping that was done to the hillside on the east? side of the park - the terrace work is simply enthralling.  I'm definately itching to make a return trip for photo ops for the Kiss! 
     Leghorn is a delightful piper and one I enjoy hearing play again and again and again!  I was sooo glad to see him when we pulled in yesterday morning.  And I did not envy him his return drive. 
     We, TLotSK, have the honor of calling Steel Serenity our brothers and sisters.  Reese is the name of the young gent with one leg.  I admire him so much for simply going on with his life.  He is truly an inspiration to all of us.  I hope you do not mind but, I've forwarded a link of your post to Steel Serenity for them all to read. 

Craig, thank you for your kind words - they mean more to myself and the Kisses than mere words will allow me to express.  Your words show that we are making a difference for folks - even if it is only for 30 minutes at a time.  I am not ashamed to say your praise on behalf of not only my troupe but my fellow performers left me in tears.  Thank you so much.

I look forward to seeing you again at the next event.  Until that time, may you be safe and well.

Faire Journeys...
Emerald

Captain Jack Daniels

It was nice to see the amount of people there and I am glad that everyone had a good time. I was told that there definitely would be a second year and that it was already "in the works". Even though it was light on the wine, I do believe a good time was had by all, patron, performer, and vendor alike. I know as a vendor, I enjoyed being able to sit and talk with many people who happened by.
I think this will be a great faire and bigger faire next year and I for one am looking forward to it already.

Capt. J. Daniels
Black Pearl Leather & Finery
Co-Owner, Black Pearl Leather & Finery