News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scottish Festival

Started by Capt. Bacardi, May 11, 2008, 09:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rae

Looks like PC and I will be there...possibly with one or more of the Riblettes

Capt. Bacardi

Quote from: Toarmod on May 13, 2008, 10:47:58 AM
Soo, do we have to pre-order tickets or can we pay when we get there? Also, are they sticklers on flasks, or are we tailgating some Scotch? I just don't think it would be right to be at a "Scotish festival" with no Scotch. ;)

Get your tickets there.......and I see and hear nothing the second part of the question...  ;)
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Lady_Lily

Cash may be important FYI. I can't remember really...but I recall it being important maybe.

Baron Doune

For me this is strictly a buy it at the bar event.  As will be all the faires I attend this year.

DeadBishop

Quote from: Toarmod on May 13, 2008, 10:47:58 AM
Soo, do we have to pre-order tickets or can we pay when we get there? Also, are they sticklers on flasks, or are we tailgating some Scotch? I just don't think it would be right to be at a "Scotish festival" with no Scotch. ;)

That's what hip flasks are for... ;)

R/F.com member since 2003

peggyelizabeth

regarding the Scotch issue, the fairgrounds will not allow us to serve it. They feel uncomfortable with the liability issues that hard alcohol might create. With that in mind...please to not let any board or committee members or the deputies see those flasks-you will be asked to leave...

but knock yourself out in McCracken Pub!

Baron Doune

Yup.

Going to be fun Peggy!

DeadBishop

Okay, we'll play nice.    :D

Rage

Ladiedragon was talking about maybe showing up for a while. I guess we better look at getting tickets then. guess not

Baron Doune

I am so going to do the caber toss...yup.

Little one.  Small telephone pole.

or maybe the haggis toss?

Belly up boys.  Money talks etc...

DeadBishop

Quote from: Baron Doune link=topic=291.msg3986#msg3986 date=1210730233

or maybe the haggis toss?

/quote]

Simply eat that stuff and you're instantly a participant... ;D

groomporter

We were thinking of doing a cameo appearance with our old group Clann Tartan, but Beth's fighting an infection related to her last surgery.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Marietta Graziella

If this is the event I attended last year with Kael (had a marvelous time!), it was a CASH ONLY event with no ATM on the premesis.  Now they may be getting one in this year, but the closest one last year was a couple of blocks away at a gas station. 

Can someone please renmail me the site info.  Seriously not myself these days.  Can't keep track of much going on.  Mike comes home Friday so I doubt he'd be up for a whole day out but the boys may want to go since they heard Kael talking about it so much last year.  That'd give VV a chance to settle in a bit.

remember... wondering... come get me... thanks. ;)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

peggyelizabeth

MG's correct there isn't an ATM on the grounds. But many of our vendors will take plastic and if you know it ahead of time and bring cash, you should be just fine.