News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TV Commercial

Started by Dallan, August 19, 2008, 09:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallan

We must be close. I saw a TV commercial for MDRF yesterday morning during the Today show. It was short and they ran it twice in the same break. Has MDRF advertised on television before? It's possible they have and I just haven't seen it. I was only home at that time because I had a late morning meeting not too far from the house.
Fight'n

SirBlackFox

TV Time got so expensive that MDRF had to cut back on a lot of commercials in the past, but they're really all over the place this year with advertising from online banners to TV to Radio . . .  I think they're worried, like everyone else, that with gas prices so high, attendance may drop.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

LadySeasan

gas prices may be high but ill take cutbacks in other areas to make it to the fair!
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

(walking down 424 in all my garb, trying to get to crownsville rd.) Someone please pick me up if gas money gets that bad.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Dallan on August 19, 2008, 09:49:12 AM
We must be close. I saw a TV commercial for MDRF yesterday morning during the Today show. It was short and they ran it twice in the same break. Has MDRF advertised on television before? It's possible they have and I just haven't seen it. I was only home at that time because I had a late morning meeting not too far from the house.
Do you think that i could find it on YouTube right now cause I would like to see for myself cause it sounds interesting.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

lowlandscot

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on August 19, 2008, 04:05:56 PM
(walking down 424 in all my garb, trying to get to crownsville rd.) Someone please pick me up if gas money gets that bad.

I'll be driving a Jeep Wrangler with the top down -- if I slow down you could just vault over the rear roll bars.  ;D

Dallan

Quote from: lordwriothsley on August 19, 2008, 04:14:36 PM
Quote from: Dallan on August 19, 2008, 09:49:12 AM
Do you think that i could find it on YouTube right now cause I would like to see for myself cause it sounds interesting.

I did a search but no luck. It's pretty short and not very in depth. Pretty much just King Henery VIII announcing the openning of MDRF.
Fight'n

Lady_Glorianna

Over the last couple of years I have seen a commercial or two during the weekend morning show (6-8am) on Baltimore's channel 13
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Lady Moonwolf

Quote from: Lady_Glorianna on August 20, 2008, 09:25:46 AM
Over the last couple of years I have seen a commercial or two during the weekend morning show (6-8am) on Baltimore's channel 13

Weird thing is down in Centreville, VA last year I saw the MDRF commercial every other day in the afternoon and early evening and just last Monday morning  I was on a DC radio station of 107.3 and heard the plug for our faire. Saturday cannot get here too soon.

analise

I wouldn't be surprised if it looked a lot like the ad HRH talks about in his copy-pasted-from-another-forum-post:

QuoteGo to http://baltimorecitypaper.com/news/default.asp

If the ad in the upper rightt corner is for Daedelus Books or something else, click the "refresh" button on your browser until someone you recognize steps into the ad. Shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 reloads.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Thanks Lowlandscott I'm a pretty good jumper. I have gas for this weekend(lol)so we'll be there and I'll keep a eye out for you. I missed you at VARF. ;)

MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples