News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Newbie Question About Theme Weekends

Started by funandfolly, August 19, 2008, 12:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

Speaking of which, we corrected someone on Saturday who was wearing their kilt backwards in hopes of helping them before someone really teased them about it.

-The pleats go in back. The smooth unpleated section goes in front and is called the "apron"
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 20, 2008, 07:27:57 AM
The best reason to come to Highland Fling?

KILTS!!!

MG, are you going to try and smuggle in your leaf blower again this year?  ;)
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Muffin

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 20, 2008, 07:27:57 AM
The best reason to come to Highland Fling?

KILTS!!!

DUH!   ;) :D

although...  I said something about yummy kilts this weekend to a coworker and all she said was "yuck! sweaty men in skirts."  Another coworker had to hold me back from slapping her.  *sigh*   OK, you kind of people just stay home!

*Gasp* I might have to come down there and slap said person for you then!!! Sweaty men in skirts!! Sheesh some people!!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Marietta Graziella

Smuggle in a leaf blower?  Me?! ::)  If I want to see, I'll just lift and look.  However, I feel that a little imagination can be far more enticing.  That whole "undiscovered mystery" thing.   :D ;)

I, obviously, didn't convert that one person from work (men in skirts-slap!) but several others took the brochures I brought (about 10 of 'em) and I had gotten discount coupons from the dress press.  Had about 20 of those and they are all gone.  Maybe I'm bringing in some new blood and future junkies enjoyers.  Is that a word? ???

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lord Figaro

It is now MG, you just made it up. How else do new words come into being?
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Baron Doune

ohhhhh....I'm in such big trouble with the Lady of the Wrinkle Feet.....

DeadBishop

R/F.com member since 2003

Baron Doune

Oh!  Did I post that? (Image edited)

Highland Weekend!

Where the women are strong and the sheep are nervous.

Rage

Quote from: Marietta Graziella link=topic=2936.msg50123#msg50123

"yuck! sweaty men in skirts." 

Rotf,

funandfolly

lol, You certainly are a lively bunch. ;-) I can see that I'm going to enjoy this faire whenever I go. Thanks for all the great advice.

Baron Doune

And what's the theme for Labor Day weekend?

Ferret

Royal Ale Fest for Labor Day weekend.
Ferret

GoldenLass

geeeeee, i wonder why the big turnout...... it wouldn't happen to be the ALE, would it?