News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Michigan Renaissance photo of the day

Started by canonman, August 19, 2008, 10:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyron

i dont discriminate.. if you have garb/costume on and i see you there is a high likelyhood i am taking your pic :) (which older and/or larger men and women seem surprised when i ask).. on the flip side though i am convinced there are more women in garb at faires then men... i try to get everyones pic that i see.. but i see alot of girls by themselves or with significate others where she is the only one in garb.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

nliedel

I too believe there are far more women than men at faires in garb. Years of attendance at many, many faires has shown that.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Jon Foster

I've noticed the ratio of women to  men being dressed up too. I've actually not taken pictures of fantastic looking people because they were with another not in garb. It kind of spoils the shot.

PS. We missed you guys at the faire today.  :(

Jon.

Cyron

psst.. mirf is over.. lol.. but i know you meant mid-mirf.. lol.. thats cause i was at work today.. wont be there tommorrow either.. but waitign to see your pics.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.

Jon Foster

Did I post this one yet?  :) Fake or not, if you get hit with a pole while you are riding a horse that is running and another person is doing the same thing except going in the opposite direction, then ya, I'd say it's gonna hurt!

Jon.

Cyron

nice pic and yes it hurts quite a bit.. even if they are balsa wood on the ends.

pineridge

found this one after the hard drive crash & rescue!

two words,,, therapy.

Jon Foster

Pineridge, were you standing next to me when you took that shot?  ;)

Jon.

pineridge

I was at the top of the hill by the Gazebo looking into the jousting pit. I was right next to a blue hat (until he asked me to not shoot). The 'Bigma' at 500mm provide ample reach.   ;D
two words,,, therapy.

Jon Foster

We were pretty close then. I was to your right at the top of hill with Jessica the Jeweler and my son. She was walking her friends Rottweiler... Then I went down the hill and talked with one of the crew members and shot some stuff with him by the rail.

Jon.

Jon Foster

Here's a shot I was just playing with from the 2008 MIRF season. I kind of like the noise in this one. The shot was taken in total darkness...

Jon.

pineridge

two words,,, therapy.

Jon Foster

Thanks. Nope, it's not an IR shot. The picture was taken in almost total darkness and severely under exposed. I was playing around with it today and managed to pull it back enough to actually see something. But the heavy grain/noise became very obvious so I did a bit more tweaking and finished it off with a Sepia conversion.

Jon.

pineridge

Very nice work.   If you don't mind my asking, how was 'Hob's House' done? (The kinkade like shot), and yes I've named that shot as it is fine work!  :)
two words,,, therapy.

Jon Foster

The Hob shot was done in Photoshop. It's a series of duplicated layers, Gaussian Blur, high pass and channel mixing. I usually just play with the shots until I like the way they look.

Jon.