News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Air Travel and Swords?

Started by Poof Bird, August 20, 2008, 01:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poof Bird

I'm taking a trip down south in a few months, and I want to bring two of my swords with me for my garb.  I'm flying, and never brought swords before.

I assume you can just check them?  Or would it be just easier to ship them down to my friend's place?

Advice?

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Hoowil

Its been over ten years, but I have taken swords on planes. You have to check them, an they will probably want them packaged seperately, with a handling feet for odd/l;arge sized packages. Also, I had to wait until all luggage from the flight was unloaded, then check in at the luggae desk to retrieve it (showing ID, luggage tag,a nd all that).
I'd suggest contacting the airline you're flying with, at your particular airport, and ask them. If they don't know, ask who would, etc.
It may be easier to mail the swords seperatelty to yourself ahead of time
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.