News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wanna start a band?

Started by groomporter, August 22, 2008, 06:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

A while ago I had a possible idea for a band. There are folk bands, Celtic bands, pirate bands. What about a army/military themed band? A primary theme would be traditional military songs, marching songs, recruiting songs and anti-war songs but with also covers of other songs we like so it's not all military stuff, and with the band members all wearing some kind of uniform. The name I was toying with is "The Lost Regiment" with graphics and backstory reflecting a ghost regiment of soldiers collected from various centuries. I figure if we're good enough we could play at some reenactment events or renfairs, and maybe eventually an occasional bar gig if we develop a enough songs.

Yeah and I would get some incentive to play my fife as well as my whistle and flute,  ::) Need a guitar player, probably a bass, and drummer, preferably with some singing talent to rotate the vocals. Also open to a fiddler, and/or mandolin.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

TheFerret

I can sing though I'm not sure how talented I really am (I'm much out of practice) and I have a mandolin...I should probably learn to play it first....
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

Kiss-me-Kate

A very good idea GP.

But since I only sing in the shower, I 'll just be one of your fans. 
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Baron Doune

I can do the comb...yes very good at it...just listen...

Hmmm.hmm.hm.hm.hm.hmmmmm.hmmmm.hmmmm.hm.hmm.hmm.hm.
(allegro in 3/4 time please.)

On the cover of the Rollng Stone...ok it was downsize....is understood.

Lord Figaro

I've been told I'm a fair singer, but even if I'm not good enough to do lead, I can always sing back up vocals.  Plus an Army Reserve/ Navy Vet. Instrument wise, I haven't picked up my guitar in years though. Plus I need to get it repaired and would need a lot (and I mean a lot) of practice.

I know I do the karaoke thing and all. But I've always wanted to try something like this. Who knows.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Baron Doune

Barbershop thing.  Ya one of my fantasies.