News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who is going this year????

Started by Lady Catherine, August 24, 2008, 05:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Catherine

HI all! it's getting closer!!  Who is going this year?  I am goign to be belly dancing over at the Rainbow Dancers are! come see me, ( i'LL BE DRESSED A lot differently than TNRF) 

I was also wanting to see if any are interested in camping??
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Alphonse

I plan on it and hopefully I will have Tremayne with me,I don't know too much about the camping part though ;D

Lady Catherine

I'll see if I can find out more. I know it is close by, though...
2008-2009 cast TNRF

renfairephotog

We're going. Never camped there. We're staying with some friends this year.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Avidd

Lady Nicolette

"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

BLAKDUKE

My wife and I are going to try and make the feast the weekend before.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

renfairephotog

Fairy photographer

BamaWoodsman

I'm somewhat new to the forum but, I have a group of 8-10 people who will be there all weekend. This was my first faire last year and my better half and I kinda got hooked. We were at TennRenn and had a blast and hope to make LaRen and may be Carolina depending on work and school.

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: BamaWoodsman on September 24, 2008, 08:43:05 PM
I'm somewhat new to the forum but, I have a group of 8-10 people who will be there all weekend. This was my first faire last year and my better half and I kinda got hooked. We were at TennRenn and had a blast and hope to make LaRen and may be Carolina depending on work and school.

Think you might be le to make the feast the weekend before??????

LadyDracolich

Hmm... We shall see if I can pull it off.  Got so many things going on this month and next, my calendar is ready to explode!!  I really would like to go... I haven't been to this one yet. 
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

BamaWoodsman

I'd love to but getting my girlfriend off work 2 weekends in a row is like pulling a lion's teeth with tweezers. Maybe next year.

Just Jesse

Ill be there, it was my first too!!!

BLAKDUKE

Is there a need to make reservations????

Just Jesse

renfairephotog

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on October 03, 2008, 10:35:09 AM
Is there a need to make reservations????
for the feast
From the faire event page http://www.alarenfaire.org/Schedule%20of%20events.htm

Renaissance Feast (authentic food and entertainment of the period), $25 per person; seating limited to 200
Saturday, October 18, 7:00 p.m.
Florence-Lauderdale Coliseum (ticket sales begin Wednesday, October 1, at Kennedy-Douglass Art Center in downtown Florence)

for faire nope
Fairy photographer

Lord William

Greetings and hallucinations...

Just thought I would stop by and say welcome to those new to the AL Ren Faire & Feast, and a hearty welcome back to all those returning this year!! We had a pirate find our coin at the Feast, so yes... we do have a pirate king on the throne this year! Should be a fun and interesting time!

As an FYI - we hold a choosing every year at our feast, where folks who desire can have a chance to become the next years King/Queen. So... come on out and see if you get lucky.  ;D

Lady Anna

I will be in attendance this year on sunday... but not in garb.  :'(
I would love to meet anyone who is on this site and attending.  It's always nice to put faces with names.
Lady Anna

Lord William

QuoteOrigonally posted by: Renisancegirl
I would love to meet anyone who is on this site and attending.  It's always nice to put faces with names.

Well, I'll be there of course. More than likely with his Majesty at his Royal Pavilion on the Eastern side of the fountain. I'll be in the gold and green.

Alphonse

I should be there on Sunday too, keep your eye out for a green wizard wearing an R/F pin  ;D

renfairephotog

We will have our fairy booth there this year.  Drop by and visit.
Fairy photographer

LadyDracolich

-sigh- It's my friend's b-day on faire weekend.  Soo, b/c of her party on Sat. night, I will probably only be in attendance on Sunday.  If I can make it, I will be in garb.  And, as much as I would have loved to go to the feast, Saturday night I have tickets to a football game, and since it's the only one I'll be able to go to all season, can't pass it up. 
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Lady Catherine

Hi all~

I will be there with bells on, literally! I'll be in belly dancer gear. You should be able to see me most of the time hanging out at the Rainbow Dancers area. I'll be in a black skirt and vest with gold embroidery. Oh, and i'll probab;y be the only belly dancers with an r/f pin! lol!
2008-2009 cast TNRF

BamaWoodsman

It's almost here.......WOOOOOOHOOOOO!

I can't wait to get up to Florence tomorrow night and have a weekend free of worrying about Law school. It will be great. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. We have a group of 10 coming and I believe most of us will be in garb of some sort.

See ya soon

renfairephotog

Fairy photographer

Alphonse

I just finished packing up the Jimmy and am waiting for Tremayne to show up so we can leave. I am more then ready for weekend at faire  ;D

Tremayne

We're back!  :)  Having had this described to me as a small faire, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of vendors and the crowds. It was very well attended.

Hints for those who might decide to give it a try next year:
City Lodge was cheap at $55 (double occupancy--one bed). It's an older building but the rooms are in acceptable condition with cable, coffee pot, microwave, and frig. And other rennies have found it before us, we discovered upon seeing a troll, the Roses, and others about the building.

There's a German restaurant called Hannelore's with good food at reasonable prices for those wishing to try something other than the usual chains.

Huzzah and see you next year!
I am but mad north-northwest; when the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw. --Shakespeare via Hamlet.

renfairephotog

We're in the paper. Brenda was interviewed by the Florence paper, The Times daily.  They asked her about her fairy wings.
The article was picked up by renaissance Magazine and used in the November 2008 enewsletter,

[img=http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20081026/ARTICLES/810260331?Title=Faire_planners_go_for_authenticity]http://News article[/img]
Fairy photographer