News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

the place looks nice

Started by TKM, August 25, 2008, 01:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKM

a couple friends and I just went out to the KCRF fairegrounds this evening after dark to look at the place; the gates were wide open so we just let ourselves in, and from what we could see by the light of a zippo, the place is done up very nicely this year. i especially love what jim gasser did to the barbarian forest, and as much as i wanted to get out there this summer and help him set the place up, i never had the chance to. i'll have to call him, though

one more week, people! i just cant wait.

Craigmeister

I've only been to Kansas City a few times & the festival once.  I was curious about the parking lot.  I've never seen so many telephone poles in 1 spot.  Did the festival grounds used to be something else a long time ago?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

pyratetradingco

;D That's a common question... We were alittle confused when they put those in too...  Next door to the festival is the Agricultural Hall of Fame. Every year for the past several years there has been an International Lineman's Rodeo, it normally happens during one weekend of the faire with people competing from all over the world: http://www.linemansrodeokc.com/

Come visit our booth at KCRF, Pyrate Trading Company, new location for 2008; booth #382 across from the Pirate Ship stage & dungeon museum.

I'll agree with TKM, we've been out there doing some work the past few days and the grounds crew has done a great job spiffying up the gardens, new paint, and some improvements to some buildings... 4 more days to opening.

Goodgirl

Clay - you have a new booth?  Will have to check it out.  See you guys on Saturday.

pyratetradingco

Yup, new location, more appropriate I suppose being across from the Pirate Ship. See you there!

Goodgirl

WOO HOO!  We will hunt you down. The little ones will be sporting thier AWESOME new pirate hats.  And to think of it, we are all pirates this year, so we will fit right in!  off to sew.... see ya!