News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Discussion of Trip to a Dragon's Cave.

Started by CountessofPhoenix, May 11, 2008, 02:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poldugarian Warrior

Anyone posting in the story or are we all taking a break again? Just wondering. Have no direction to go from this point yet. Waiting on others.

Alphonse

It appears that we are in a bit of a winter slump, be patient I am sure some of the others will drift back in given a little time.

PurpleDragon

my mind is currently wrapped up in mundania and I'm not sure how to get it out of there.. you can see my absence from here has been sadly over extended... ~sigh~
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Queen Bonnie

I used to be Snow White- but I drifted! Said in my best Mae West voice!
I will drift back- I hope! Too much going on! Spring is busy times here!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Alphonse

;D You are a card, my Lady...
I am laboring away on my barn, trying to get as much done as is possible before the heat of summer descend upon me.

I must confess, the seed catalogs have been coming in the mail here lately and they are mighty distracting as well.

Queen Bonnie

Card- Sometimes the Queen of Hearts but oft times a Joker too! LOL!
That is a lot of work! it looks like you are making great progress Alphonse!
The rain here has helped the growing things a lot. The drought is so bad here still though. The wild creatures are having a hard time of it.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Poldugarian Warrior

Cool, evry one has been fairing well then. I too have gotten into this regimine of just going to work, watching T.V. and going to bed. Not much reading, writing, or any other hobbies. Cold weather at work and the monotony of the work has just caught up to me. But, spring is a comin. That barn will be quite nice once you get it up. Looks to be just the right size for a planters/gardener's shed. I'd like to build one to do my brewing in, but of course zoning laws and such here in the city. But, good luck.

Alphonse

Thanks, it's been allot of hard work and I still have allot more ahead of me. This is just one side of the barn, when it's done it will be 24 ft X 28ft with three separate levels. I have all kinds of ideas and plans for what I would like to do with it.Initially I see it being used to house a band saw type saw mill to aid me in my war against the pine trees.As that winds down and the resulting cleared land turns to pasture,then it will be used for horses and to support my garden.The pics show my root cellar/storm shelter, not being a big fan of tubers, I will likely engage in some experimental wine making,possible even trying my hand at mead,brewing has occurred to me as well.I am also considering tinkering with some P.V. cells and seeing if I can powers some of the lights with solar.I am likewise interested in a kiln and possibly some hobby black smithing too. Being a wizard's barn, you can bet on the fact that there will always be something relatively novel going on there.

Poldugarian Warrior

Sounds cool, I too wish to have a tinkering shed when I get my own place out in the country. Just cash flow problems right now.

Alphonse

Yep, I understand that sort of dilemma, I have spent most of my life dealing with one kind of problem or another, like that which has kept me from realizing most of my dreams.In fact building a barn has been a life long dream, this barn, where it is going up and how, is something I have been dreaming for close to ten years, it seems almost dream like that it is actually starting to come together.

Of course my finances are not what I wish them to be, but they are improved enough that they allow me to do this.Most of my materials are recycled or used but I have managed to spend two or three thousand dollars, a couple of hundred a month at a time as I can afford it.I will likely be at that sort of thing for at least the rest of this year if not longer, seeing it to completion.

Someone who didn't know me well, might confuse my excitement at seeing it getting done, as a love of building or hard work. That is not the case though, I am happy about the fact that when it is done, then I will have a place to actually tinker and that sort of fun can begin.

Poldugarian Warrior

That is great though. To finally see a dream materializing. And it won't take long, because it seems that you're keeping on task and within your means. Good Luck and take care.

CountessofPhoenix

Nursing school has taken over my life :o Only two more months until this semester is over. Then I may have time to breathe. Til then ......
Countess of Phoenix
Descendant of Celtic Nobility
Designer Extraordinaire
We are only limited by what we can dream

Poldugarian Warrior

Good Luck on them finals Countess, if that's what they call them or exams. That's cool though, you'll be much more capable of landing a good job with that.

Alphonse

Dave, your last post cries out for at least a recon in force by warg riders if not a full blown invasion by the minions of darkness. Falling asleep too many nights in front of a fire will make you soft and weak... ;D

Poldugarian Warrior

You know what? That's exactly what I've been doing lately in the real world. Except it hasn't been a fire, but the T.V. or computer. Just tired from work. Yet the weather's getting better and I can't wait to go fishing and hiking, then the post should be better. And for this warrior a break is needed. The leadership of a small vilage may be the answer, but I was thinking about heading back toward the town near your hut in the story and getting supplies and letting you know of the village I've raised and about the warrior we possible have in our midst. Let me know if this is a direction to take the story in.