News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CLOAK HELP

Started by Lady Tess, August 25, 2008, 07:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Tess

Does anybody know of a website where I can get a nice heavy cloak? My mom got me one for my birthday, but she doesn't like the way it came out. We're sending it back and she told me to find another. Around $150 is the highest my mom wants to pay.

Thanks for your help!

Lady Tess

Nevermind. The place we already ordered from won't let us send it back. I'll just wear it to the festival and see if it keeps me warm.

Nailin

I had mine made out of two green wool army blankets & a toggle fastener for about 75$ - it's really reasonable (at least i think so) and it has a hood - mine holds up great in cold weather (central north carolina) and blocks out the wind - i also put scotch guard on it and it worked great for 5 out of 6 days of rain at NCRF 08' - i can contact him and see if he could make one for you -
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Lady Tess

The one I got is so cool! It's black on the outside and purple on the inside.. And it's very heavy and warm for those cold days at the faire. My mom brought it to a place to get it hemmed because it was too long.. but I'll be getting it back on Wednesday!