News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

September 13/14

Started by Lady Nicolette, August 26, 2008, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tinker

to all me Belle and me want'd to say;
have we ever enjoy'd a weekend as we had this past one?
Nay, we say, such good peoples, such little time,
seems that even thought the time tables are thee same,
each time we visit a fest it keeps seem'n shorter.
to all we met, to all we know, to all that we talk'd with, to all we had not the chance to talk to,
to all that we share'd n ale, to all that we plan'd on share'n an ale, to all of you,
thank you for your presence,
we could not have had a better time,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

DuCoeur

After being "Blown" out of Faire.  We started our Trek home, Following Scotsman and Lady Guinness.

From Wilmington all the Way to Zanesville...No power and my poor ol' car was running on fumes (and it was not from Syrac eating a pickled egg).  We finally Fueled up at Zanesville, had a wonderful dinner with Scotsman and Lady G and made it home by 11.

Once more I had a wonderful Time at this Faire.  It is my Third year and it just keeps getting better.  You Ohio people sure know how to run a Faire (Maybe you could lend a hand to Pittsburgh).

Hope all are safe.  Had a beautiful time at a Beautiful Faire with Beautiful People....

I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

Lady Caroline

Here are some photos from Sept 13th.  This is the link to the grid, so you can skip over the family photos, and I think the Rf'ers are all near the bottom.  :)

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p401/caroline-lillian/ORF%202008/?albumview=grid

edit:  I've also placed the link over in the photo thread that Higgins started.

Old Tinker

Ahh, it is over, tis it not  :(
but there be another  ;D
job very well done our Lady Caroline,
so many good folk,
memorize that will be held,(as soon as me's remember  :-[ ),
and these Pics help alot,  ::),
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

StareNorthSteve

I've got admit, those are some great pictures...and they are doing a fine job helping me fill in the "mental" gaps. Considering I ran into Peter the Beer Slayer the moment I entered the Shire, it's no wonder things got really fuzzy...really fast! Can't wait to do it again! ;D

(NOTE TO SELF: Never enter an ale chugging contest with Peter...tis a lost cause)

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Old Tinker

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on September 16, 2008, 02:58:52 PM
I've got admit, those are some great pictures...and they are doing a fine job helping me fill in the "mental" gaps. Considering I ran into Peter the Beer Slayer the moment I entered the Shire, it's no wonder things got really fuzzy...really fast! Can't wait to do it again! ;D

(NOTE TO SELF: Never enter an ale chugging contest with Peter...tis a lost cause)   
sns

yep   ;D   ;)
OT & B

Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Maeve McMayhem

I second that, SNS! Of all the times I've watched/judged his chugging contests (which have been a handful or two at most)..he's never lost but I have to admit the look on your face when he was done and you were .. well.. not close..was priceless. ( :o )
Absolutely priceless. 
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces

Sir William Marcus

sns

Yep, couldn't agree with you more.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

CapnFayeCutler

sns

And there's a reason he's our leader of Clan McBrewer! ;D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Athena

Chugging? More like a gulp....as LJ discovered last year....  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lHvpN2xr2w
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Ratman and Bobin

A blustery weekend at Willy Nilly indeed!  We were so happy to see so many R/F'ers invade the shire!  We had to leave early Sunday, it just wasn't worth the risk.  We passed a blown over semi on our way home, once we got home and got the car unpacked, out went the electric, and it is still  out......so we are at the hotel for now.  Just wanted to thank everyone for a wonderful weekend.  We will be sharing pics, and some video, once we have our power back.
Cheers!
Ratman & Bobin
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

Nailin

Thanks everyone I had lots of fun meeting everyone and seeing familiar faces!
Gimli and Cara - Thanks for coming to get me from Cinn & for everything else - I hope that door didn't break :D
Scotsman and Lady G - As always a great tailgate and conversation -
Old Tinker and Belle - I think you could tell by the bouncing how happy I was to see you & thanks again for your kindness
Delacour and other velvet hosen - Pickled Eggs - Go for the sinkers not the floaters!
It was a whirl wind weekend and I pray everyone got home safely -
I want to extend a greater thanks to Russell for his act of kindness - I did get stuck overnight and made it home around 11am Monday -
It really doesn't matter because I wouldn't have gotten out of Ohio & Kentucky without you!
I hope everything was able to be repaired and people didn't get hurt

Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894