News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

September 13/14

Started by Lady Nicolette, August 26, 2008, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Lady Guinness does not get on the boards too often ... it is a ladies prerogative I guess ... always keep them guessing.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scotsman

T minus 7 days until we hit the road heading West ... Cool down the kegs!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Old Tinker

Quote from: Scotsman on September 05, 2008, 05:50:08 AM
T minus 7 days until we hit the road heading West ... Cool down the kegs!

Ah, good Scotsman, all is prepare'd for thy Lady and thyself (and the rest of us me hopes), to enjoy a day with best of friends. me's need to get CapnFayeCutler to make her deal'ns with Mother Nature, so's we be have'n as good as weather as she be do'n prior.
(really seven more days  >:(, why oh why can it not be fest-day everyday  ;D ),
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Scotsman

Indeed ... regardless of what Mother Nature has in store for us, the sun shall shine among kith and kin.
See you soon cousin.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

StareNorthSteve

I have decided to start "practicing" this weekend in preparation for next weekend's events.  ;) Oh who am I kiddin'...the archery department did some training last night. We shall be in fine form come Saturday the 13th! Huzzah!
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Scotsman

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on September 05, 2008, 08:20:08 AM
I have decided to start "practicing" this weekend in preparation for next weekend's events.  ;) Oh who am I kiddin'...the archery department did some training last night. We shall be in fine form come Saturday the 13th! Huzzah!

Huzzah ... when you say practicing, you mean archery ... right? Or is that my second thought?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Scotsman on September 05, 2008, 08:29:54 AM
Huzzah ... when you say practicing, you mean archery ... right? Or is that my second thought?

metaphor |?met??fôr; -f?r|
noun
• a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable
• a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else

Scotsman, Sir....I believe you are indeed a wise man and your assumptions are correct! For the archers to train, it requires many "shots" to be taken. I will make a point to bring extra "arrows" next weekend...to share of course! 

In a totally unrelated topic...how's your liver? ;D
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Old Tinker

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on September 05, 2008, 08:48:52 AM
Quote from: Scotsman on September 05, 2008, 08:29:54 AM

metaphor |?met??fôr; -f?r|
noun
• a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable
• a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else

Scotsman, Sir....I believe you are indeed a wise man and your assumptions are correct! For the archers to train, it requires many "shots" to be taken. I will make a point to bring extra "arrows" next weekend...to share of course! 

In a totally unrelated topic...how's your liver? ;D

our friend SNS, FYI., Scotsmans' do not have livers, they have an extra large bladder thou  ::)   ;D.
i be
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Scotsman

Livers fine ... I guess ... and the extra blatter is what we call a Sporran  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Old Tinker on September 05, 2008, 09:10:42 AM
our friend SNS, FYI., Scotsmans' do not have livers, they have an extra large bladder thou

Once again, the world just became a little clearer. This explains a lot!

In other news, the archery department will miss the morning gathering/tailgate in the parking lot. (I am assuming there will be one--as there was one last year) I shall look forward to a friendly game of "catchup" with you all at the pub in the afternoon.

With the "weed puller U ME" discussion in mind...let's not assume anything. Last year there was an effort to set times to 1) Meet in the parking lot before the gates open, 2) A "lunch" time/location and 3) a time to meet at the pub for a group photo...3pm on Saturday I believe it was. Shall we try to arrange anything? Thoughts anyone?
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Scotsman

Sounds good to me ... but expect little. Typically time escapes me once I walk through the gate. Unless I am tethered to someone Lord knows where I'll end up  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Capt. Morgan

Lots are being drawn to see who gets to babysit...er....monitor you, dear Scotsman...short straw loses...er....wins...er....whatever!

It appears I will have to work part of my Friday that I intended to have off to enjoy a leisurely trip to southern O...but Dwyn and I will be there none the less in the morning, bright eyes and conditioned horsetails!   ;)

With all that has been happening at work....a good dose of "Faire" and "Faire Family" is just what the Doctor ordered to be sure!

Till we meet, I remain yours

Captain Morgan Dunne

I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Lady Nicolette

Looks like a fine crew will be on hand for the festivities!  I can't believe it's just a week away!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Athena

Can't wait to kick off the festivities with a tasty mimosa at the AM tailgate! Hope the workweek flies!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Imestra

Quote from: Athena on September 05, 2008, 04:01:00 PM
Can't wait to kick off the festivities with a tasty mimosa at the AM tailgate! Hope the workweek flies!
Indeed ! Lady Athena, indeed. So near, and yet...
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars