News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need Drinking vessel and plate, spoon too

Started by nliedel, May 11, 2008, 03:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nliedel

For my ren character. We're talking wood here, not anything fancy. Also, I should probably watch the Washingtons, since I've alreadly partially alleviated the national debt with my purchases this year. Ideas?
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Lady Renee Buchanan

Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul resale shops!  I've seen wooden bowl sets (like for salad, some smaller, some bigger) for between 25 to 50 cents each bowl.  Also, have seen pewter mugs from $1 to $2.  Old silverware is about 10 to 25 cents each piece.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Once Debauched

Yup!  Goodwill, yard sales, rumage sales and flea markets.  The best places to get stuff cheap!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Aelwyn

I just found two cherry coloured wooden goblets for 49 cents each at Talize (a second hand shop):

Then we found these cute little wooden fork and knife set (about the size of a soup spoon and main course fork), for $4 for the both of them:

We'll be hitting Value Village and Sally Ann shops for some wooden bowls.  :)

So yeah, you can DEFINITELY find some cool stuff without breaking the bank! :)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Find me on Facebook as Aelwyn Daeira
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

nliedel

Alas, our second hand shops doth sucketh. Still looking. Grrrr.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

Try Michael's for unfinished wooden plates and platters - can treat them with several layers of a mixture of beeswax and olive oil - very period.
It's always time for Chardonnay!

sealion

Does the goblet have to be wood? Is your character not allowed metal? I have extra silver colored (aluminum maybe? not pewter) goblets and will gladly give you one at Derbyshire on Sunday if you can use it.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

VIII

I have purchased several things from this site:

http://www.pewterreplicas.com

Steve Millingham is a really nice guy, keeps you informed every step of the way.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy