News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weekend Weather Outlook: October 18th & 19th

Started by CapnFayeCutler, August 27, 2008, 07:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Pagos

Yeah, this past few days have been CRAZY!  I almost couldn't make it to work today because I couldn't find gas anywhere.  I finally found a gas station and they ran out right as I was putting my card in.  Finally found some, got to work and we didn't have power there.  Me and my dog trainer got to spend all day in the dark feeding animals and adding peroxide to the fish tanks.  Finally ditched out of there when the sun went down.  I'm so darn lucky I have power and I was able to get my coffee today.
Pagos M'Crack
Sister of Bugsey
Loveland Castleteer

Scotsman

I heard Ohio got hit really hard by high winds ... can anyone confirm this?  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Old Tinker

me Belle and me travel back on Sunday morn, very windy ride home, but we made it there without incident.
first we want to thank our CapnFaye for the negotiations she had with Mother Nature for Sat. weather, but we should all know that the Capn., had to give something in return for the nice weather Sat., and so it was Sundays wind/storm that was a result. either way it was great to have no rain Sat. or Sat. night at the "Castle".
well done our CapnFayeCutler,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

celtaban

>I heard Ohio got hit really hard by high winds ... can anyone confirm this

Oh, yes - I woke up with a headache, and, when I opened the door, everything was in color . . . :D

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: Old Tinker on September 16, 2008, 07:42:09 AM
me Belle and me travel back on Sunday morn, very windy ride home, but we made it there without incident.
first we want to thank our CapnFaye for the negotiations she had with Mother Nature for Sat. weather, but we should all know that the Capn., had to give something in return for the nice weather Sat., and so it was Sundays wind/storm that was a result. either way it was great to have no rain Sat. or Sat. night at the "Castle".
well done our CapnFayeCutler,

I'm starting to think that the weather is reflected by my mood... Here at home today it was gray and cloudy, and I've been dead tired all day. Hmmmmmm.... Sorry about Ike, I don't control the hurricanes, I just go play in them! ;D This makes three or four and I don't live anywhere NEAR the coast!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Painted Lady

The traveling Texans got hit in Ohio by Ike. Nothing amiss here in San Antonio.

Lu and I got an extra day in a Dayton hotel with no power. Some folks will do anything to take a Monday off!

We had a fabulous time. Lovely to see all our old friends. Pleased to meet all our new friends.

Old Tinker

Quote from: Painted Lady on September 16, 2008, 07:27:50 PM
The traveling Texans got hit in Ohio by Ike. Nothing amiss here in San Antonio.

Lu and I got an extra day in a Dayton hotel with no power. Some folks will do anything to take a Monday off!

We had a fabulous time. Lovely to see all our old friends. Pleased to meet all our new friends.

our Painted Lady and Lu, it was very nice see'n thee again. thy company is #1 an always, thee two are such a bright spot for me Belle and me to see. hope thee had safe ride home, and please keep us in mind for another visit.
be well fellow "Castleteers",
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

jinx

Looks like we'll have good weather for Chris' one and only Saturday of tearing himself away from men in tight pants throwing a football around to watch men...in tight pants....playing with swords...

Wait.  o.O

Either way, we'll see anyone that'll be there tomorrow!  (He'll be in 'danes.  Make fun of him.  xP)
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

CapnFayeCutler

Final update for this weekend has been posted. Looks FANTASTIC! Supposed to be pretty here in TN, too! ;D
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

celtaban

Just so you know:  Power was only restored Friday afternoon.  We were prepared to go ahead with the show, power or not.  After the storm, owner Peter Carroll opened up the ice machines and gave all the ice away to the people staying on site - better than letting it melt uselessly, but a considerate act all the same - and they needed it.  I heard ice was going here for $9 a bag, when it could be found!

If you make it to the show this weekend, give everyone a smile.  They've had a very trying week.

Bugsy

Yay!  I'll be at the faire Sunday and it's lookin awesome.  Thanks CapnFaye!
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

CapnFayeCutler

Sorry I missed last weekend's update, but it's been busy taking care of all the animals around the house.  :o ;D
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

CapnFayeCutler

As of Monday... I'll keep track of how it's supposed to be this weekend. I'm excited to get back up to ORF :)
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

Bugsy

nope nope, it will be dark and cloudy.  my knight is leaving   :(

;D Just kidding.   Faire is happy time no matter what!   can't wait to see everybody!
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

CapnFayeCutler

IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575