News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faun at KRF?

Started by Sev, August 27, 2008, 10:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sev

So I got it into my head the other day to do a faun costume in preparation for another, more complex costume I hope to do somewhere down the road (I do videogame costuming in addition to historic costuming, so I do a lot of crazy, really out-there things -- in this case, digitigrade stilts!), and thought it would be fun to wear it to King Richard's Faire. My question is, would this go over reasonably well? My thought is that if the orc-guys and the samurai-guys do alright, then a faun should be no problem, though I've never seen a faun there...

Just thought I'd make sure before I went ahead and made my plans.  :) I don't want to get there and find out I can't wear my costume for whatever reason... best to know ahead of time so everyone has fun! :D

MMario

I don't see why there would be any problem - I've seen fauns at KRF - though not that elaborate.....

Sev

Mkay, thank you. =) I had worried that a comparatively elaborate costume like mine might confuse the other patrons into thinking I worked at the faire, and that that would be a reason I couldn't wear it, but now that I think of it, the same confusion could occur with anyone in a costume, so... hehehe.