News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need help finding a faire...

Started by LadyShadow, August 31, 2008, 07:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyShadow

My sister lives in Warsaw (Sp?), NC.  She just recently moved there due to the military.  She was accustomed to going to TRF.  And now is in search of a new faire in that area that is close to TRF.  Does anyone here know of one?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Hibernian

Welcome! Tell you sister to look just up the road to Raleigh and the North Carolina RF held at the state fairgrounds each spring. A small fair with a great spirit!

For a double dose of fun, in the fall, coming very soon, head north of Charlotte to Huntersville and the Carolina RF. Larger than the Raleigh and on its own site this may be closer to what your sister is accostume to.

Both have threads available on this R/F site. In fact, both faires have a great turn out between the gang from R/F and the Clan M'Crack.

Tell your sister don't be shy!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

LadyShadow

Thank you.  I will pass on the news.  Hopefully soon her schedule will calm down and she can join the fun on here.  But until then, I am playing messenger  ;D

Lady Tess

I've been to the Renaissance Festival in Raleigh this year and last night. It's pretty small, but it is fun. If you go, hopefully you can see Moonie. He's really funny!

FireFaerie

Last... night?  :D

NCRF is really small, but it's worth checking out, even if only to see Moonie and Teatro.

Teatro: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=182269436.
In one of her blogs on here, Columbina mentions a guy telling her he's had a crush on her for years. That guy is my boyfriend, but methinks he will always be a little in love with her, lol. It's okay, though, because I love her, too. Their shows are absolutely hilarious.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Yes NCRF is very small, I had an acquaintance talking me out of going 2 years in a row, however 3rd year was the charm.  Of course going while it was a family weekend, Peddlin' & Laird Guardn gettin' hitched and getting initiated in to the Clan M'Crack made it very special.  So yes while it is very small, it's like a jewelry box, small on the outside with wonderful treasures within!   ;D
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

LadyShadow

Thank you all for your knowledge.  I will pass on the word.  But next question is, when do these faires start?  And how long do they run?

Hibernian

That's one of the nice things, we have one in the spring and one in the fall.

Head to NCRF on 3/28-29, 4/4-5

Head to CRF 10/4 through 11/16.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Nailin

Kingston Upon Hull may be small but we have a full contact joust, we sing you out of faire, upgraded to a better pub with a better beer & mead selection, and have a great cast! We also have a new director who i'm eager to see what new things he has in store for both cast & patron -  You've got a great pick from either Opening Weekend or Closing Weekend :)
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

LadyShadow

Great thank you all.  I will pass all this to my sis.  Hopefully she will be out there enjoying Ren Faires again.