News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Revision: No Miniskirts on the Blacksmith.

Started by Alluna, August 31, 2008, 12:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alluna

Here is the aforementioned blacksmith that I included in a previous post entitled 'Protest the Ohio Renaissance Festival?':

In my previous post, I questioned what he has described on his site as wearing a chain mail bikini and an elastic mini skirt. As you can see, when he was describing his skirt as elastic, he had meant only the waist, while I had assumed that he meant spandex. Since there was no photo, I took his words to mean an elastic skirt. Here is the photo, of our blacksmith wearing something quite modest, really.

Blacksmith, I didn't mean to paint you as one to wear mini skirts and scare small children. I wish that there had been this photo at your site to show what you were trying to describe. I am still curious about the other reasons to protest the festival, but this situation in the simple manner of dress seems to be harmless.

It just goes to show that I should have a photo before I jump to conclusions about what someone has written about. Whatever your other beef is with the ORF, that is up to you, Blacksmith. This outfit and photo just seem like fun. Thanks for getting this photo out there. My own blog post has been deleted, and any instance of the blacksmith in his skirt will be confined to his own words and photographs.

Now everyone can yell at me for making assumptions.

-Rain

Make it Yourself
Have a ren photo? I'll post it on my website.

anne of oaktower

It is never easy to say, "I was wrong" or "I'm sorry."  You've done both, and that is honorable  :)
Good job, girl!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

My first day, first class of college the speech professor goes up to the board and writes...

weed puller U ME

and proceeds to say, "never assume, you make an weed puller out of you and me."

I swear I could have saved a lot of money and left college right there...we've all been guilty of it but you have tried to make good.  Best of luck!   :)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."