News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photos from Des Moines Ren Faire

Started by Celtic Lady, September 01, 2008, 10:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Lady

Here are some photos I took Sunday (opening weekend):

Celtic Lady

And a few more as well:

Bev the Bossy

Nice photos, it was nice meeting you too!  :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Celtic Lady

Thank you. It was very nice to meet you as well. We'll be back for the last weekend. Sir Morgan and I had a real good time and can't wait to come back.

Lady Rosalind

Such lovely pictures! I will make sure to share this link with the performers you have captured!  ;D

Celtic Lady

Thank you. The fairy with the "shocked" look on her face was real sweet and alot of fun. I called her Twig... I'm not sure it that's who she was but she responded to it. Everyone was great about having their pictures taken.
We'll be back next weekend as MiRF is calling us this weekend. Hope to see/meet more people from R/F at both faires.

Edward Somerset

My Lady,

Your photos are most flattering to us!  We look forward to seeing you back on the third weekend!  Please do present yourself and Sir Morgan at the Royal Court, we enjoy meeting all who journey to our shire!

Edward Somerset
a.k.a. King Edward

Lord Clisto of York

Ok, maybe I am missing something here, but I am not seeing any pictures when i look at the posts above. Nor are there any links to them. I want to see them darn it....

Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

IanRichardSharpe

Shall there be any photos/snaps from the 3rd weekend, gentle folk?  The Tax Collector would be quite flattered should he find
such here in some days!

I enjoyed my weekend there so much I haven't the words to tell you.  I had experiences at your faire I've never had at others
and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the magic!  I shall return next year.  Again, thank you SO much!

Ian Richard Sharpe (I.R.S.), Royall Tax Collector
   Richard
Tax Collector for the King, friend of the Lord High Constable
The Venerable Lord Richard the Perplexed of Tempting St M

Celtic Lady

Most definitely there will be. I just need to get them transferred from camera to computer to flicker to here. This time I will even add the link to my flicker account.

I do know of one photo of you that will be posted. It's quite nice, too.
It's nice to know that you had a great time here and will be coming back. This was our second year at the DMRF (Sir Morgan and I). I loved it when you taxed the king after his wedding.

Lord Clisto of York

Royall Tax Collector

Oh, believe me I have photos to be posted as usual. Hell, I traveled from York and you still wanted to tax me. LOl... I am working on them here at work actually.

And to my gracious hosts the King and Queen,

Had a blast being part of the magic and playing with all the people. It was also nice meeting everyone too. Lady R, your costuming work is excellent. I got home just around 8:00 Sunday night. Man was I tired. But it was a blast learning the dances, and even getting the princess to smile among all the other things. LOL.... Lemonade was super as well as the smoothies. You have a great little faire and my pics will show everyone how wonderful it all is. Thanks so much for having me and for making this cheesehead feel welcome. It is one I would love to come back to for sure next year.

Sir Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Hail everyone,

I finally returned from my journey to the Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Iowa on Sunday night. It was a drive, but well worth it. I had a blast at this little faire. Permanent buildings, great performers, good ale, great prices and all round fun. Queen Catherine and her court do a great job and I was pleased to be a part of their court to help fill in. This was the last weekend for their faire, which normally runs from labor Day weekend for three weekends, but, due to the massive rain the previous weekend, they postponed their last weekend until a week later. The weather was fantastic. Anyway, I just finished my pictures from there, where Romance and Chivalry weekend culminated with the royal wedding between Queen Catherine and the Duke of Somerset, now King. And, since I was in it, I didn't get any shots of it, but everything else I did of what I could. What an awesome time I had learning several dances and doing them with the court for the people. So, if anyone is interested, just follow the link below, then take the Des Moines Faire link from there. Enjoy!!!

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Invictus Maneo
Lord Sir Clisto of York

Celtic Lady

Very nice photos, Sir Clisto.
I must add it was wonderful to meet you. I'm glad that you had a great time here and hope that we will meet again next year.

Lady Rosalind

What wonderful photos!!!!

It was lovely getting to meet so many RF-ies last weekend! Sir Clisto was a welcome guest at our court, and we were all very amused by I.R.S. as well. ;D Thank you so much for adding humor and fun to the day! Sir Clisto definitely set high standards for our gentlemen of the faire, in terms of his most gracious courtly manners. Many gentlemen learned the art of wooing their ladies under his tutelage. ;) And he showed grace under pressure when we put him on the spot to fill in for one of our missing gentlemen, as the object of Nanny Fenwick's affections. It was sad that you had to leave before we took over the pirate ship! ("Lady R" is now "carved" into the railing, or at least the paint is marked!). The whole weekend was amazing!