News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midlands Pirate Festival 2008 - Omaha, NE

Started by Black Ordun, September 25, 2008, 02:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Ordun

I thought that I'd chime in for a bit of a report on the Pirate Fest from last weekend.  I don't have any pics but it was a beautiful weekend for a faire/festival. 

The MPF is run by Greg Schmidt (www.festint.com) who also runs DSM, Amana, Lincolnshire, and of course NRF.  He's made a deal with a local landowner (Bellevue Berry Farm) to become a permanent site.  They have many acres of shaded land and the landowner is going all out in creating booths, ships, stages, etc.  It is becoming a terrific location/venue.

About half of the vendors according to Greg were committed to the rain date for DSM so it was smaller than planned, but it was still a blast.

I usually man the gate so I didn't catch many of the shows, but the patrons were all smiling (or crying and refusing to leave) as they walked or were carried off the property usually several hours later ;p  Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of this one as my photographer was home with the flu :(  I did see a semi-pro/pro that I know with his equipment so I will post a link to his site if he has any posted in the next week or so.

I was surprised by the number of children that came - it seemed to me that the ratio of younger kids was higher than had showed up at NRF in May. 

From talking to Greg he's planning both shows again in 2009. 

I think we need a Pirate Smiley ...  Arrrr ;p

....jeff  aka Black Ordun

Bev the Bossy

It sounds like MPF was a fun weekend. I was one of the vendors who would have been there, but ended up in Des Moines at our permanent shop  instead.

I am looking forward to 2009.
Aaarrrgggghhhh!!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

monique2

I have moved to the Omaha area and am interested in finding out more about helping when these events are scheduled. If there is anything I could do, please let me know. You may contact me through this site.

Hope to hear more!

:)
Monique