News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New View Of KCRF

Started by Craigmeister, September 02, 2008, 03:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

I first went to KCRF 2 years ago in October.  I live in Oklahoma & it was a terribly cold day in Kansas.  I took my new bride as she had never been to a Ren Fest before.  I didn't get a good impression of the festival that day.  Maybe it was due to the cold.  Maybe it was having to break the myths & rumors my wife heard about faires.  Maybe it was going from place to place too quickly b/c we were trying to see the whole faire & my wife still wasn't falling in love w/ it.  Maybe it was being in large crowds that I'm not used to experiencing at most Oklahoma faires.  I decided that I wouldn't be back.

However, last Saturday I revisited KCRF.  It was a nice, almost hot day.  I arrived early and was able to take lots of pictures w/ relatively clear lanes.  I was able to take in lots of shops and figure out the layout of the festival better.  I received proper instructions at the archery booth, which was a change from other faires.  Tullamore was up to par and I heard several "Huzzahs" there.  I even ran into Gandalf The Nearly Grey from my neck of the woods.

In short, I had a great time on Saturday.  My views of KCRF have made a 180 degree change.  I have in-laws in KC and look forward to visiting this festival again.  If you get the chance to make it to Bonner Springs this fall, enjoy yourself at KCRF.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

captmarga

Hey Craigmeister - when you get your photos up in an album somewhere, will you post a link?  Several of us from Scarborough (in  TX) were there this weekend.  We did Parade on Sunday, and were dancing in the lanes on both Sat and Sun.

Last year was our first visit, and we had to go back again this year!  It was fun - I love the grounds, and we made some new friends!

Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Craigmeister

I'll probably post my pix to my MySpace page late tonight.  There's a link to it on my profile information.  I have about 100 pix from other faires on my page that I will be re-vamping soon.  I'm going to be cropping them for fresh views.

Perhaps I will see your troupe next spring at Scarby.  I'm going to try to sign up for some training in the Dallas area then.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.