News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Magical Moments

Started by nliedel, September 02, 2008, 04:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nliedel

I am on cast and this has been a season of magic for me. I'm living a twenty year long dream, having more fun than a forty four year old fully dressed woman should and learning to relax while playing. Not worrying so much about what people think of me, and finding that they like me better when I do that.

There are a couple of moments that come to mind.

1. Singing, "Danny Boy" to a newly married couple and feeling tingles wash over me as they held hands and danced. It was their wedding song.

2. Bowing to a little girl in a wheelchair, and having her smile and listening to her mom whisper that she rarely smiles and that I made her day.

3. Watching my precious son with autism greet the queen, with a face full of heaven knows what and listening to her whisper that she'd been waiting to meet him al day. My son is profoundly deaf in one ear and he heard that and is talking about it today. A day after he has a memory. He is very in the moment, so this is so special. She has no idea how that touched me. I just mentioned to her that he was coming and she really took time to see him in the parade and toss him chocolate. In fact I think that is what was on his face.

4. Having Lord Saffron tell me to follow him (that is one intimidating man, even out of character) only to find out that Norfolk and party wanted to make a special presentation to my son. Watching his face... well, it meant more to me than I can say. My child, with autism who hates crowds and leaving the house had a marvelous time and has told me all about it, several times. He was waiting for me to come home last night (at almost 10, long drive) to tell me all about it. Even though I was righ there, but mom with an Italian accent isn't really mom to him. :)

Those are mine. What are yours? Don't limit yourself to this season. Limitations stink. I've told this to several people, and I mean it (but don't tell the entertainment director, because I need the gas money), I'd do this for free. Heck, I'd pay them. Now, if I could just turn my stalker into an onion...
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Jon Foster

Very cool! I'm glad your son had such a good time.

Jon.

Cyron

very cool.. glad he was able to have a blast..

mine is a lot different.. alot.. and way the opposite direction.. and more of a really good laugh.. but i will share it.

at near the end of the smoker, after the combination of what i had ate that day and drank.. gas decided to build up.. well i let one release that reverberated enought for ladyfares other half, dave, to go inform me that he felt that in the stool he was sitting on.. dont worry it was not noctoius.. just really load... but it made for some good laughs back at ladyfare's store.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Lady Caroline

That doesn't surprise me about the Queen!  She is one very special lady.

The day that I visited, I had the opportunity to be presented to her, and she was so nice :)  She said a few nice words to me, which naturally I have no memory of, and I just smiled, in awe, and bowed away.  Well, I thought that would have been my highlight of the day, but later on, I walked by a large group that she was talking to, and she stopped talking and called out to me, by name!  I was amazed that she remembered my name, after meeting hundreds of people.  I couldn't stop smiling all day!

nliedel

Quote from: Cyron on September 02, 2008, 05:19:44 PM
very cool.. glad he was able to have a blast..

mine is a lot different.. alot.. and way the opposite direction.. and more of a really good laugh.. but i will share it.

at near the end of the smoker, after the combination of what i had ate that day and drank.. gas decided to build up.. well i let one release that reverberated enought for ladyfares other half, dave, to go inform me that he felt that in the stool he was sitting on.. dont worry it was not noctoius.. just really load... but it made for some good laughs back at ladyfare's store.

This is an excellent example of why I am glad we are not allowed in the Guinness Pub. Snort. Naw, I'd listen to your body gasses without complaint. However, I reserve the right to a Ren Gas Mask.

Lady Gwyndolyn

presenting my daughter to our wonderful and gracious Queen.  My daughter was so nervous and she had spent hours trying to find the perfect gift for Her Majesty.  She was so cute and then to see her presenting her gift to the Queen.  I was so upset that I had forgotten the camera.  My daughter was stammering over her words and couldn't say everything that she wanted to say.  At age 21, she reminded me of when she was a little girl.  I told her that she could put what she wanted to say on paper and that I would make sure that Her Majesty would get it. 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Lord Virgil

It doesn't suprise me one bit to see that many of the magical moments include our unbelievable Queen.  I don't know if you realize it or not Madge Estes, but you are one powerful, regal woman that is loved by all who frequent Hollygrove.  Everything you do is so gracious and regal, I have to remind myself often that you are but an actress. 

I love it when our Queen cuts up at the Pub sing.  If you see her with her marshmallow launching pistol, beware, she's an assassin with that thing!  No one was safe, great stuff!

Many of my favorite moments involve watching the Dutchman (Benny) do his schtick at the Guiness Pub with all the ladies and especially with children and special needs people.  I remember watching a young man, probably in his late teens/early twenties with severe cerebral palsy come through with a grim expression on his face.  The Dutchman introduced himself, gave him some beads, and after he was done, I thought the young man was going to hurt himself smiling and laughing so hard.  It's moments like these that make me love coming to MiRF.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Madge Estes

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  You have no idea what it means to me.  I know how much I am affected by what I experience throughout a day.  The feedback from all of you lets me know that I am not alone experiencing the magic.

Your words mean even more in light of the days I am facing right now.  THANK YOU
Live so your dreams recognize you.

nliedel

Quote from: Madge Estes on September 04, 2008, 12:02:45 PM
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  You have no idea what it means to me.  I know how much I am affected by what I experience throughout a day.  The feedback from all of you lets me know that I am not alone experiencing the magic.

Your words mean even more in light of the days I am facing right now.  THANK YOU

Remember what I said, I meant it from the bottom of my heart. I have a couple of good pics of you and my two youngest (My very youngest came the first weekend and you probably don't remember him. It's all such a whirl. I had a guy recognize me today in a book store. That was weird). Do you want copies? They are really good pics. You look stunning, as always.

And as for something you said last weekend when I was telling you about my Herne, actress/schmactress. It takes a lot more than being an actress to portray a queen and I don't suck up. Except to Maria.

Lady Gwyndolyn

I can only speak for DW and myself, but I am sure that all would agree with me in saying that we speak from our heart.  You are a very formidable woman.  Very caring and most gracious.  There is an aura about you that makes you even more beautiful (if that is even possible).  We are all blessed to have you as a part of our lives, our festival, our family.  I know that DW and I will never ever forget the first time that we met you.  You made us feel so welcome and at home.  You opened up your arms to us and welcomed us into the festival, the forum and the family.  We will never forget what you have done for us.  No offense to any of the other Queens at any of the other festivals, but there isn't a Queen out there like you!!!  You are THE Queen!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

I think the most magical moment i have is repeated quite often throughout the day. Two of them, in fact. The first would be the look of dawning comprehension on a  patrons face as I slip the second end of the matching bracelets on and they realise it's handcuff. The second would be the look of delight they get on their face when I pull out the chainmail flogger, that gleam of utter glee.

Sigh, what a life.

Sir Gawain

any time I get to sit in the pub with my ale and listen to Ernesto play is a magical moment for my wife and I. At the pub sing on sunday , Ernesto snuck up behind me and started playing right behind my head. I wondered "who turned up the volume?" I also got to spend a little time in conversation with him which was great as well.

And of course spending time with friends old and new was awesome.I believe we are adding closing weekend to our itinerary much due to generous offers of accomodation.

Lord Virgil

In the coming days, know that you are loved by all of us here at MiRF.  If there is anything we can do for you, all you have to do is ask!  Those of us that love you had a hard time following your wishes of keeping our focus on separating Queen Elizabeth the character from Caroline the actress so as not to cause a scene in front of those attending Faire that were unaware of what happened.  May your heart find comfort in the coming days, and know your extended family here at MiRF will all be thinking of you as well!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Guinevere of Leonesse

I look forward to seeing you on Sunday the 7th with my husband Scott aka Lord Sithus and little baby Lucy along with seeing everyone else. :)
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

darkranger

there is always magic as long as you are looking for it, a little fairy told me that and I still believe it  :)  My heart jumps for joy every time I walk through the gates of Hollgrove and sinks when it's time to leave. Such good folks,friends and joy to be had. Its always a magical time!  Peace , PS long live the Queen!
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP