News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire this weekend 9/6-7/08?

Started by Lord Clisto of York, September 03, 2008, 02:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikita

Everyday is a challenge and gift

SleepyArcher

I would suggest you not take that with that. (As a RN)
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Dayna

They do mix, however I can't remember whether the pain actually stopped, or if I just stopped caring  ;D

Either way, I agree, not a combination to be recommended, especially if you intend to go anywhere other than between the bed and the potty.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Baron Doune

We shall be out on Sat.

And in honor of the Red Hat Society, I shall be wearing my red hat and nothing else.

groomporter

I was disappointed on Labor Day, Jay from Reve du Faun usually wears a red bowler for Labor Day (and at cast call gives a little pro-worker/labor speech*), but he took it off because it was too hot.

*Rumor is people usually roll their eyes at his little speech, but this year he did something different and I heard actually got some chuckles this year.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Tarac

Sorry to here about your Back Sean, The Doc gave me the Green light to go this weekend as long as I do not over do the knee and take the Hydrocodone ( No drinking for me :-\ ), See you all this weekend.
Scotch the only way to go

Baron Doune

It was a very good day today.

I made more than a few people smile.

And I even saw a Noodlecorn!

SleepyArcher

What an awesome day! I got called a fairy, a jester and drag. It doesn't get any better!!! Still had lots trying to figure if I was a guy or girl hehe. I did not see the FOPS which I was disappointed at. Maybe next time.

I was able to see Sir Clisto and Lord Ironhead that was nice. I almost wore my knight garb. Waiting for DB to have a day off from the booth to do that.

Best part was I found a new flask and a holster. Thanks for hanging out with us Stormy and Gin.

oh...and a new song by the Dregs but I cant remember the name...help me out Noble Dreg.

Storm

Great day for us also at faire!

We had 3 friends who met us out there in the afternoon and we got to play tour guides. It was a lot of fun for my wife and her 2 friends, but not so much sometimes for me and and the other hubby in our group, since those 3 ladies can spend MAJOR amounts of time window shopping! He and I quickly concluded that was what beer was for! That beer helped us pass the time while the ladies did their browsing.

Our friends even left with some nice trinkets. One with a bodice and her hubby with a one of Docs mugs from Mug of the Woods. Our other friend found a leather bodice she really wanted, but it didn't fit her. Seems she is too petite for a small! But, she got the card of the gal that makes them and she is going to custom make her one.

It's kinda fun playing tour guide and getting a chance to see faire through their eyes...Well, it was a lot of fun except when the gals spent all that time in some of those shops!...LoL

And Sleepy...It was a blast hanging with you and Jen (it always is) until our friends showed up. Especially, when your wearing your FOP garb! I too get a kick out of hearing the comments people make as you walk by. Some good humor there!

white trillium

Our daughter joined us for the day after all.....apparently Panda thought spending the day with us was preferable to hanging out with her brothers, imagine that.

We spent the latter part of the day in Mac's, found a nice dry corner well before the rain started.  We picked up the Dregs' latest CD, Panda really enjoyed listening to/watching the Dregs.  I also came across an errant Fest Friends pin leaving Mac's after 7, we'll drop it off at the FF booth to be reclaimed.

Originally we intended to attend both days this weekend, but every one slept in this morning (I was up at 10:15ish and was the first one stirring).

We also picked up Fidchell from MacGregor's games, and overall had another wonderful day.
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

winterland

Had a nice day Sat 9/6. Wanted to make the mead booth at 10am but didn't work out.
Got there about 3pm and the far lots were about full. Looked like a busy day. Hope the merchants did well.
Started to rain about 6:30pm or so. The weather said no rain Sat but rain Sunday. They were close.

Used 6 of the 2 for 1 coupons to stock up on tickets for rest of the season for ourselves and friends.

Kiss-me-Kate

White Trill,
That was probably my Fest Friends pin, so thank you! I had to duck out of Mac's once to grab stuff from the chess board, and then again the other way out to sneak a peak at Suze's baby.
I got home and realized it was missing.

Soooo, Peggy Elizabeth if no one else claims the FF pin, it is probably mine.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

SleepyArcher

had a fun time hanging out with Toar and Ketch all day. I saw Rage, LD, and Majicbox early in the day and then they disappeared.

Kiss-me-Kate

Sleepy,
I thought you looked fab-u-less on Saturday.  Thanks for the "smooch"
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

SleepyArcher