News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to opening!

Started by CapnFayeCutler, May 11, 2008, 07:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnFayeCutler

Don't worry Neophyte, we'll help you make up for it!

Katie & Missy, glad you gals found your way back here with the forum move.

And yessssssss, where is this new pub? Didn't someone say near the jousting field?
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Missy

Speaking of the new pub, i pulled this from the newsletter.  Looks like there are a few new places to enjoy.  I cant wait!!!

As we approach the 2008 Season of the Faire, we would like to introduce some new and exciting additions to the venue. Makaela's Kitchen will be back in full swing with a wide spread menu of Shepherds Pie, Haggis & Mash, Fish & Chips, Chicken Tenders, Turkey Legs and much more!! This year we will be opening Briarwood Bakery on Main St, which will include baked goods such as Breads, Muffins, Cookies etc... Second, the opening of The Royal Food Court, located on the west side of the Great Hall will be a great place to stop and enjoy some Roasted Nuts, a Funnel Cake, Nachos & Cheese, Apple slices w/ caramel dip, a Royal Slush Drink, Beef Jerky, Dill Pickles, Garlic Mushrooms, Deep dried Artichoke Hearts, Stuffed Olives, Jalapeno Poppers and Depp fried Bangers & Chips. Last, but not least, we are opening The Twisted Thistle Pub, which will be located in the front corner of the Briarwood Forrest. This will be a small pub, with variety of Ale and merriment. Hoodoo's Pub, locate d in the Great Hall, will be open as always with a great variety of Ale, and wonderful entertainment. The 2008 season is going to be a great success, and we hope to see all of you there. Cheers!

Blue66669

Hey there you guys... I seriously hope that I get my very own invasion countdown....

*pouts prettily*
Blaidd Drwg

CapnFayeCutler

Thanks for the info, Missy! This is going to be great! Lots of new things and things to eat/drink. Can't wait!

Uh oh, I know that I read dill pickles in there somewhere... and my mind goes STRAIGHT TO BLUE.  ;D
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

Old Tinker

Quote from: blue66669 on May 15, 2008, 01:04:10 AM
Hey there you guys... I seriously hope that I get my very own invasion countdown....

*pouts prettily*

blue, did you notice your personal KyHRF Invasion Countdown  ;) 8).

KyDavid, it is a real good thing that thee had thy PICs on it's own site, thanks so much.

our Lady Missy, Oh it has been to long since we have seen our annv. twins. thee picture thee has pait'd makes us want to dance, eat and drink, while talk'n and hugg'n our Briarwood Family. only one more week  ;D  ;) ;D   see all now, very soon.
i be the Old tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Lady Missy

I agree Tinker, it has been way too long.  The wait is almost over though ;D

Even though it wont be on the exact day i cant wait to celebrate our first wondrous year of marriage with all of our friends!!! So much to look forward to i can hardly stand it!!!

Deckyon

Aye, a very short/long week coming up!  I will be there all weekend this weekend, getting camp set up and for rehersals and other events...  but yeah, cant wait for the official opening.
Thanks,
Brad

Old Tinker

Quote from: Deckyon on May 23, 2008, 11:48:37 AM
Aye, a very short/long week coming up!  I will be there all weekend this weekend, getting camp set up and for rehersals and other events...  but yeah, cant wait for the official opening.

and thee PICs will flow with our Deckyon present.
Ahhh, almost there, finally back to our KyHRF Family.
and will love every minute of it, and all of YOU !!!
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

WindChime

I have all of my wooden displays made and water sealed , tent ready to go along with bed , pretty much ready to go for set up on the 29th. I only have a few covers left to make for my canopies.  I can't wait to meet everyone. ;D  All are invited to my booth Jewelry Creations and More By CherBear. I would love to meet more of the RF people. My parents Sir Jim And Lady Helen meet a lot of you at the ORF invasion last year but since I work there also it is hard to wonder off to meet people.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

kydavid

I am quite sure you shall meet us all over the course of the season, if not in fact the opening day!

WindChime

5days to go before the fun begins. ;D
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Deborah

I SO wish I could be there earlier than the 7th!
If all is going well, you've obviously overlooked something!

Phillip McGuinness

Dress rehearsal weekend/press day went well. The site is looking good...all it needs is lots of people!
Got any ale?

www.drunknsailor.com

jinx

Quote from: Deborah on May 26, 2008, 02:58:16 AM
I SO wish I could be there earlier than the 7th!

Well, -I- don't get to come until July, so all I have to say is:

"LUUUUUUUUUCKYYYYYYYY!!!!"
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: jinx on May 26, 2008, 09:02:31 PM
Well, -I- don't get to come until July, so all I have to say is:

"LUUUUUUUUUCKYYYYYYYY!!!!"

Don't be jealous Napoleon...  ;D

Ooh! Today's Monday so that means... FIIIIIIVE DAYS!
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575