News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Vote in the Ren Fest Awards for 2008

Started by Terry Griffith, September 03, 2008, 11:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Griffith

Hi, All,

The Ren Fest Awards for 2008 is now open at http://www.renaissancefestivalmusic.com/awards/.  Please go and vote for your favorites.  Pittsburgh won the "Best New Faire Catagory" last year so I hope we can continue to win something this year.

I think we have the best Street Cast of any faire I have seen but it looks like that catagory has been replaced with "Best Faire Community".

Remember, this is not decided by a panel of judges but by your votes so if we are going to win anything, we have to spread the word and promote our faire.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Terry Griffith

I reminded Marc Gunn that he had left off the catagory for Best Street Cast and he has added it.  If you voted before 2:30 on 9/3/2008, go back and vote again and vote for the best street cast, PRF's.

Each time you vote, your previous vote is deleated so don't worry about your vote not counting if you vote twice.

Spread the word.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

kilted one

Well, I shall go back and vote again.  Thanks.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Countess Westmorland

I voted for all my favorites!  GO, Us!!!!!!  Hope everyone votes.  We won the best new faire last year, I hope we place in another category this year.  Top 5 would be awesome!

A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Professor M

Am I missing something?  I still don't see a category for best street cast.  I followed the link and here's what it contains.

1. Best Music Group:
2. Best Music Solo Act:
3. Best Non-Musical Group:
4. Best Non-Musical Solo Act:
5. Best Jousting Troupe:
6. Best Stage Combat Group:
7. Best Vendor:
8. Best Renaissance Festival:
9. Best New Renaissance Festival:
10. Best Children's Act:
11. Best Faire Photography:
12. Best New CD Released in 2008
13. Best Faire Web Community
14. Nomination for Hall of Fame:

So where's the street cast category?
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Professor M

I just posted on the Podcast forum, encouraging Marc Gunn to put the category back in.  For heavens sake he wants to recognize the best vendor, but not the best street cast?

Please leave your comments here:
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=3233.0
~ C.S. Lewis

kilted one

Just wanted to post to bring this back into everyone's mind in case they did not vote earlier.  As we have seen in many posts earlier, I think we did a pretty kick weed puller job this year and we should be recognized for it.  Be sure to tell your friends to vote and vote yourself if you haven't already.

Professor M

I heard from Marc Gunn.

When he reinstituted the "best street cast" category, he noticed a pattern.  Everyone who voted for the best faire also voted that faire for best street cast, so the votes were coming out identical.  Understandably he removed the street cast category, to save himself tabulation time.

I'm not sure where that leaves us.  We'll never win Best Festival because there are so many larger ones that can beat us with a smaller percentage of positive votes.  We don't qualify for Best New Fair any more because he defines "new" as FIRST year only.  In my thinking it takes at least 3-5 years to get a new faire up and running, but it's Marc's show and he gets to make the rules.
~ C.S. Lewis

bellobard

And next year, I'll pass it along to let someone else build the rules. So if there's any other categories you think should be there, please let me know.

kilted one

I would like to thank you for getting these started.  It is great for faires to get recognition.  It helps us figure what faires and performers should not be missed.  Thanks.