News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Comments on Dead Man's Tavern

Started by Welsh Wench, May 11, 2008, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welsh Wench

© 2008 by the respective authors.  All Rights Reserved.
This applies to all subsequent comments/posts under this topic.

OK,  it appears we may be here for a while so I am opening this up for discussion.

I loaded a story into the new forum. Actually I had to do it by posting and posting and posting.
One post will accept 20,000 characters.
We've logged WAY  more than that in the 56+ pages of writing.

Now...any ideas?
Do we wait to see if we have our old home back?
Shall we do a synopsis and then post the last page or two?

Jack's last post and mine got lost in the crash and burn but we both have them stored in our computers.

Everyone is logged on here except Lilaney and she can't be far behind.

This is now open for discussion.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Elinor Hakebourne

I think, if we do anything here, it might be prudent to just give a synopsis and the last few pages, and then go from there...it would be too hard to load it all here!

I don't think we should wait, for fear we lose our momentum and aren't able to gain it again...I mean, we've had "dry spells" but I don't want it to be a Dead Man's Drought! If we get our old forum back pretty quickly, I don't think it'd be to hard to carry things over that we've developed here, and if we don't ever get it back, well...we have to move on,  I suppose...

Welsh Wench

Good points, Elinor!

That's why you are my scribe.  :-*

I agree....we maybe do the last few pages so we don't lose our momentum.
Each of us should have a copy of it, thanks eternally to Mad Jack.

If we do a synopsis, then we can do the last two pages or maybe when we got on the El Lobo del Mar and take it from there.

Captain Jack Wolfe

I like the sound of it. 

Previously on "Dead Man's Tavern"...
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Hibernian

"Over? Did you say over?
Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?
Hell no! And it ain't over now! Cause when the going gets tough.. The tough get goin'. Who's with me?"

And we're just the guys to do this, I agree with our young scribe, let's do it!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Blackjack Roberts

I just hope I can remember where I hid El Lobo's scribe! :o

Or for that matter where the Hell Old Pew lives at! Amazing what getting clobbered by a lucky shot will do to your memory. ;D ;)

Welsh Wench

Mad Jack, if you want to start the new DMT 2 with your lost post and I add mine, then we can go from there. I can transcribe the last few pages of DMT1 along with a synopsis of sorts.

Pssst! Black Jack! He's hidden in the bilge! And old Pew is on La Ville du Traitre aka Hell on Earth!

I probably will transcribe in narrative form the time we got on El Lobo which would include the battle and the subsequent injuries.

Is this agreeable?
All in favor say 'Aye!'
All not?
Prepare to walk the plank!  :D

Blackjack Roberts

Naw. I figured someone might look for him there. Them Lin Qui are a sneaky lot, and I took quite a bit from their book of secrets. ;)

Accually, I do hope we get the last few pages.....because for the life of me I can't remember what Chinese names I used!!! :o :D :D ;)

La Ville du Traitre I remember....but Ol' Pew's place is a bit harder to find there....probably why the blind old codger is still alive there. ;)

And to add to Mad Jack's promo:

Don't miss our next exciting episode! Same pirate time...same pirate channel!

Welsh Wench

Black Jack--
Check your regular email.
I copy/pasted your India posts.

Blackjack Roberts

That will work....Thank you, Luv. :-*

Ice Mage

Can i get an Email with DMT as a attachment?  White Rose and i need to get caught back up.  We both have some interesting ideas for getting the story lines recombined, but we need to make sure that we are on target.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Hibernian

Well I sure hope we got picked up for a full season of new episodes.

Good to see Black Jack back on board.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Captain Jack Wolfe

Hey, "The Red Green Show" lasted 15 years, so I figure we've got a pretty good crack at it.

By the way, do we get residuals?  Besides the gunk in the bottom of my coffee cup?
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Blackjack Roberts

Rum does tend to separate the solids out of a cup of coffee quick.

Actually, I think we have a better chance than "The Red and Green show"....some of the things we've pulled so far would have gotten us fined, and canceled, by the FCC.....if not outright keelhauled!!

Someone man the bowchasers.....I think I see an FCC censor off the starboard bow!!! :P

Captain Jack Wolfe

You should see what runs on CTV after the 10:00 hour.   :o

OK, everyone!  I've started the DMT II thread.  Wenchie, darling, you're up!