News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Comments on Dead Man's Tavern

Started by Welsh Wench, May 11, 2008, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Mage

Got ya Milady.  I just sent him a PM.  Thanks for trying though.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Welsh Wench

My last post is posted and it is now up to the DMT crew....

Oh! As far as the DMT picture...what say you all for 11 AM at the Red Hook Pub?

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Hibernian

That sounds fine, we can fill our cups and raise a cheer!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Elinor Hakebourne

Nice twist, WW! :) I still want to post sometime in the future, but I think I want to wait until morning :)

Ice Mage

White Rose and i both have ideas for posts.  As soon as we catch up a bit, they will be coming.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Captain Jack Wolfe

The backups are on their way, Ice Mage.  :)
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Rage

Hi All,

I would to get into the Dead Man's Tavern but I'm not sure how start. Any suggestions?

Captain Jack Wolfe

Hopefully this latest move will be the last of our site-to-site ping-ponging.  I'm getting seasick...

Hey, wait a minute!  Who installed the infinite improbability drive when I wasn't looking?

For those not familiar with Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, here's a bit about the Infinite Improbability Drive:

QuoteThe Infinite Improbability Drive is a wonderful new method of crossing vast interstellar distances in a mere nothingth of a second without all that tedious mucking about in hyperspace.

It was discovered by a lucky chance, and then developed into a governable form of propulsion by the Galactic Government's research team on Damogran.

This, briefly, is the story of its discovery.

The principle of generating small amounts of finite improbability by simply hooking the logic circuits of a Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson Brain to an atomic vector plotter suspended in a strong Brownian Motion producer (say a nice hot cup of tea) were of course well understood - and such generators were often used to break the ice at parties by making all the molecules in the hostess's undergarments leap simultaneously one foot to the left, in accordance with the Theory of Indeterminacy.

Many respectable physicists said that they weren't going to stand for this - partly because it was a debasement of science, but mostly because they didn't get invited to those sort of parties.

Another thing they couldn't stand was the perpetual failure they encountered in trying to construct a machine which could generate the infinite improbability field needed to flip a spaceship across the mind-paralysing distances between the furthest stars, and in the end they grumpily announced that such a machine was virtually impossible.

Then, one day, a student who had been left to sweep up the lab after a particularly unsuccessful party found himself reasoning this way:

If, he thought to himself, such a machine is a virtual impossibility, then it must logically be a finite improbability. So all I have to do in order to make one is to work out exactly how improbable it is, feed that figure into the finite improbability generator, give it a fresh cup of really hot tea ... and turn it on!

He did this, and was rather startled to discover that he had managed to create the long sought after golden Infinite Improbability generator out of thin air.

It startled him even more when just after he was awarded the Galactic Institute's Prize for Extreme Cleverness, he got lynched by a rampaging mob of respectable physicists who had finally realized that the one thing they really couldn't stand was a smartass.

So, who's pouring?
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Blackjack Roberts

I think I'd rather deposit me penny, and spend me time at the Cafe at the End of the Universe, meself. ;)

42? I always thought there was something fundamentally wrong with the Universe. ;D ;D

By the way...I need someone from the Knight Hammer crew to go ashore with me so I can keep my word about not going alone. 

Any takers?

PS: Notice I didn't say squat about staying in sight of the ship? ;) ;D

Welsh Wench

*raises hand and waves it frantically*

ME! ME! PICK ME!

You know we'd have  great time....and you wanna! You really do!   ;)

Captain Jack Wolfe

Oh, right.  You're the last person who needs to be galavanting about!  The point is to keep you alive.

If I got you killed, I'd never hear the end of it.  ::)

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on May 16, 2008, 06:53:49 PM
Oh, right.  You're the last person who needs to be galavanting about!  The point is to keep you alive.

Yeah, especially from me!  :D

Captain Jack Wolfe

Quote from: Welsh Wench on May 16, 2008, 07:05:17 PM
Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on May 16, 2008, 06:53:49 PM

Yeah, especially from me!  :D
That's what worries me. ;D

Welsh Wench

I'll get you a big inflatable doll before I leave that has a string in the back that you pull and it will nag you.... ;D 

That way you may not miss me so much.

Blackjack Roberts

Be that 'a case 'o buyer's remorse there, Mate?? ;) ;D

If'n Wenchie ever finds out about that bounty, ye'll never hear the end a it anyways. ;) :D

Still I'd have ta think about it fer a spell. As one accustom ta havin' a price on me head, I'd be a bit leery a placin' wenchie in that kinda danger. Especially when I'm not exactly up ta fight'n snuff completely, yet meself.

Stiiiiill, I can't say it's not a fairly temptin' idea.

Not all treasure be silver and gold after all. ;) ;D ;D ;D