News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Comments on Dead Man's Tavern

Started by Welsh Wench, May 11, 2008, 07:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilaney

Is the Story over?

I hope not, but, I get it if it has come to an end.
It has been a wild ride and trust me, this got me through some REALLY tough times in my life.
Thank you to all of DMT's writers, all the way back to the Tavern itself.

I can say that I graduated College, I am working towards a career I love, and I found my Duckie.
(PSSSssst!! That guy? the one I patterned who I thought 'Duckie' was? I met him in 2007, and guess what
we have been together over a year now. So yeah... Lil and Duckie hooked up.)

Thank you again, to Everyone!

Welsh Wench

Oh, no, Lil--the story is not over. Not by a long shot!

I think real life has taken its toll on alot of us but I think most of us would like it to continue. In fact, Jack and I wrote a bit on IM right after we saw your post.

I am going out of town this weekend but I will print it out and work on it at night.

And...congratulations on finishing college and finding your Duckie!
This story has seen us through all sorts of 'dark days'.  ;D

Heck, I even went back to school!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Welsh Wench

In the words of our crewman Jason--Mason----Gunther--Hobson?

"Captain Wench, I may not be the brightest crew member--although I am a damn fine fisherman--but it doesn't take a brain to realize the ship is just that. A ship. It's a shell,  just like the skin that covers what is inside. The heart. Captain, the heart of the Knight Hammer IS the crew. All of us. Yeah, we melded into the crew of El Lobo del Mar."

We melded Dead Man's Tavern, all of you. And I have missed that.

So here's to getting it back on track.  ;)

Captain Jack Wolfe

Ah yes, it's so nice to be right back where I belong, under Captain Wench!  ;) ;D

Bravo, love!  Well done!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Capt. Bacardi

Quote from: Mad Jack Wolfe on January 26, 2012, 10:55:20 PM
Ah yes, it's so nice to be right back where I belong, under Captain Wench!  ;) ;D

UUmmm....aaaaahhhhh.......wwhhaaaa......I will just sent the bird back.  :P
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Elinor Hakebourne

Quote from: Welsh Wench on January 26, 2012, 10:03:30 PM
In the words of our crewman Jason--Mason----Gunther--Hobson?

"Captain Wench, I may not be the brightest crew member--although I am a damn fine fisherman--but it doesn't take a brain to realize the ship is just that. A ship. It's a shell,  just like the skin that covers what is inside. The heart. Captain, the heart of the Knight Hammer IS the crew. All of us. Yeah, we melded into the crew of El Lobo del Mar."

We melded Dead Man's Tavern, all of you. And I have missed that.

So here's to getting it back on track.  ;)

Hear, hear! :)

lilaney

'tis a slow day at the pub... I hope you all have a brilliant Thursday!

Welsh Wench

LONG LIVE DEAD MAN'S TAVERN!!!

Now...where is everyone else?

Hibernian

I'm right here young lady. I'm heading up to Grandfather Mountain this weekend for the highland games and perhaps a wee bit of drinking. But I'll be watching the tavern. Don't get too far away, I'll be heading toward you shortly.

BTW, I've posted, tag you're it!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

lilaney

Oh!  Hibernian, how are the HG games over there? I only compete in Texas. Particularly in the North Texas region. Took last year and most of this year off, but, Hope to get back in the swing of things soon.

Also, Writers... where are we taking this crew and boat?
What is our next adventure?

lilaney

wow... this place is awful quiet.
Has it been like this often?

Welsh Wench

Pretty much so since alot of us were MIA for a while.
And real life is kicking a few of us right now.

I just log in usually to post in the stories and that is pretty much it for me. I stay within Port of Call.
Nothing really worthwhile here anymore.

But I love what you did! Duckie and Lil needed a bit of romance.

I say we go off to search for the Corazon el Diablo.

But first we need to make a U-turn and pick up one missing monk!

Hibernian

I'm comin Beannie Boy!

Lil, our games are great! The local games in April are just down the way from our faire site north of Charlotte. Well attended, but still local with perhaps close to a 100 clans represented.

Tommorrow I head to Grandfather Mountain for the 56th (?) annual games. This is the largest gathering of the Scots outside of Scotland. Unless you have a pass, the average guest will park at the bottom of the mountain and take the shuttle up to McRae Meadow. It all starts Thursday night with the Call of the Clans, Friday has music going, then Saturday all bloody hell breaks loose. The clans, heavy athletics, vendors, clan meetings, a tent for speaking gaelic, pipe and drum juding and demos, dancing, three music stages (then a full fledge concert Sat night), sheep dog demos, wrestling, and perhaps a wee drink or two. Sunday we start all over after church services.

Well worth a visit.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Elinor Hakebourne

It always puts a smile on my face to see a new post or two in DMT (and the Comments, too!) :)

I'm all for treasure hunting! :D

Welsh Wench

To those who are unaware and don't read all the board messages, Brother Timothy aka Hibernian passed away I believe it was Monday, Sept. 24th.

No decisions will be made for a while whether to continue the story or wrap it up.

I will miss him more than I can say.