News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Places to stay

Started by Syrilla, September 08, 2008, 12:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrilla

If all goes as planned, I will make the trek to your festival one of the next few weekends.  However, I will need an inexpensive hotel.  What do you recommend?  Everything on the website for the area is in the hundreds a night.  And I want to spend money at the faire, not to sleep!  I will be driving up from southern VA, if that matters.

Thank you and I hope to see you and the festival very soon.   ;D

Scotsman

Yeah, the hotels here are not cheap for sure being that we are so close to 3 major cities. That said, I would first check with Expedia or one of those tools. If that fails check out the budget guys for the weekend you plan to come - Motel 6, Super 8, Comfort ... you get the picture. I don't have the fail-safe hotel that I can recommend because the prices fluctuate wildly dependant upon what is going on in the area.

Sidebar: Please give us a heads up when you are coming - I hope it is on a weekend that we will be at faire.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Syrilla

Thanks for the suggestions.  It maybe a lasts min. trip, so I will do my best to let you know.  Hope to see up there.

Aiacha

You may want to PM Count Aldofo.  He was in a nice hotel 10 min from faire grounds, plus there were several hotels nearby.  Don't know how much he paid though, but I do know he paid less than us and were were 25 min away.

Syrilla

Thank you Aiacha, I will do that.

RedRobin

You might try checking for hotels near Ft Meade in Odenton, or in Hanover.  It would be about 15-20 min from faire, but my guess is it would be a lot cheaper than closer in to Annapolis.  If those are still very expensive you might try Columbia - it's about 25-30 min from faire and there are a ton of hotels (plus the town is nice so you don't have to worry about being in a crumby section).  I've heard a lot of people stay in Laurel, but you would need to do a lot of research as there are sections of Laurel that aren't too nice.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Syrilla , you could check in the Bowie area. Its about 20 mins. away from faire. The good thing is,its only 2 turns from hotel to faire.Good Luck.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Syrilla

Thank you both, I will search in those areas also.

max and kate

We are coming from MiRF for two weekends, Oct. 4-5th and 11-12th, staying at the Homestead Studio Suites in Annapolis.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Scotsman

Quote from: max and kate on September 09, 2008, 08:55:48 AM
We are coming from MiRF for two weekends, Oct. 4-5th and 11-12th, staying at the Homestead Studio Suites in Annapolis.

Awesome ... we will be there for those weekends and look forward to seeing you!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

max and kate

Quote from: Scotsman on September 09, 2008, 09:07:05 AM
Quote from: max and kate on September 09, 2008, 08:55:48 AM

Awesome ... we will be there for those weekends and look forward to seeing you!
Sounds good and that calls for a drink.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lord Finger

I stayed at a best western in annapolis on Labor Day weekend, about 10 minutes from the gate. the rates were 100 +/- depending on the night. Nice people, nice breakfast, really convenient to faire.

Syrilla

Thank you Sterling Scot.  I will check them out, tho I am hoping for under a hundred.

For those that asked which weekend, I don't know, as my "normal" job dictates when I can take off.  One of my shows opens this saturday, so this weekend is out.  I will be trying for the next one!

Thanks for all of the help, and I hope to meet all of you soon.

Master James

A good place to stay that's not really expensive is the KOA.  They have cabins, you just have to bring the linens and go to a shower house but I think they are around $70/night and quite comfy.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Metheri

Don't stay at the Knight's Inn in Laurel. It was only 70 but we had a persistent bad smell outside the room and it was a bit creepy.

How far away is the KOA?

Metheri
Pet to Clan M'Crack "Ratz'n" proposed name.
Metheri
Moneypenny
Cruise Director and Brigade Secretary for Clan O'Ceallaig
Irish Penny Brigade

Master James

The KOA is 8 miles from the faire.  It takes about 12 minutes to drive to it unless you drive REALLY slow!   ;D  The KOA is VERY nice and the shower houses are maintained VERY well also.  We stay there every opening weekend and Labor Day weekend just because we're going both days and its fun.  They have ice cream socials at night and a movie as well.  Both these are free.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Syrilla

KOA  good idea.  Let try this again, if all goes well, I will visit this weekend.  YEAaaaa!

Syrilla

Again, work has changed my plans.  Without telling me.  :o  So I will not be visiting this weekend.  If it just wasn't 6 hrs away!