News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Heading to MDRF this weekend...

Started by aidenoffairfax, September 08, 2008, 01:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aidenoffairfax

What's up everyone! Thomas Meehan is coming back out in full glory to MDRF this weekend. That's right, Meehan and Mistress Katherine Francis will be hitting the faire. You want to come with us? We would LOVE some company! Anyone going? I've never been, so I'm looking for suggestions on things to see/do/play with. Thoughts?

Let me know if you are going. Contact me here or through email aidenoffairfax@yahoo.com

See you there...

Joe B "Thomas Meehan"
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

lordwriothsley

Good to see you back on here on the forums man, I was starting to wander if you had disappeared or something.As far as things to to do at MDRF there is a group called the O'Danny Girls which happens to be one of my favorite rennaisance groups.Now I am going to warn you that a lot of their stuff is pretty bawdy (not like bawdy is a bad thing though ;D) but they still are a very good act at up their so you might want to catch one of their shows while there.And also don't forget to check out Pyrates Royale as well.Hope to see you there sometime this year my friend.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Dallan

We'll be there Sunday. It's our home faire. Lady Di and I will have our two boys with us and possibly another family. The White Hart is where we make our pit stops. I always wear my R/F pin. I'm not sure what garb I'll be in yet. If you see us please don't be shy. We love meeting new friends. As a matter of fact we've met a lot of new friends at VARF. First pint is on me as a welcome to MDRF.
Fight'n

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

We will be there also.Go to the White Hart,thats where alot meet up at.I'll have my R/F pin on also.

Lordwriorthsley when are you making a appearance at MDRF?
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

lordwriothsley

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on September 08, 2008, 02:15:11 PM
We will be there also.Go to the White Hart,thats where alot meet up at.I'll have my R/F pin on also.

Lordwriorthsley when are you making a appearance at MDRF?
As of right now I'm not sure.I will need to talk to my mom and see when she wants to go.We are planning on coming up with a friend of ours from VARF so I will need to get back with you on that Lady Joyce Ann.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

aidenoffairfax

White Hart it is! I'll be in blue... yes, all blue (except for the boots that is.) I look forward to meeting new people! As far as I know, Kathy will be in garb too, but thats not guaranteed yet... I'm going all out though... going through garb withdrawal!

Dirtfarmer

Mel and I plan to be there this Saturday, as long as there are no tropical storms over Revel Grove thsi weekend.

aidenoffairfax

Ah good... so plenty of familiar faces!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

You know this weekend is scottish celebration weekend and Albannach is going to be there. They are incredible! A must to see. So we will see everyone this weekend.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Master James

Well as of now the plan is that m'lady and I will be there Sunday for a while.  We will have to leave early as we have another commitment that evening though.  Hope to see you then!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

will paisley

Quote from: aidenoffairfax on September 08, 2008, 04:25:37 PM
Ah good... so plenty of familiar faces!

You have no idea.  There's enough of us to put on a faire within the faire.  And, as mentioned before, the place where everything happens and everybody goes is the White Hart Tavern.  I'll be at the table closest to the wall on the Rosie's Posies side. 

What I'd recommend as don't miss shows depends on what you like - music, comedy, drama, action, education, bawdy shows, squeaky clean shows, or various combinations thereof.  In any event, don't expect to see everything in one weekend, as there are about ten stages or other venues running shows continuously.

Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

lordwriothsley

From what I've seen from the previous time I was there a couple years ago the only bawdy act that I know of up there are the O'Danny Girls.If there are any other bawdy acts up there that I missed please let me know and I will try to catch one of their shows the next time that I come.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

will paisley

Quote from: lordwriothsley on September 08, 2008, 06:48:36 PM
From what I've seen from the previous time I was there a couple years ago the only bawdy act that I know of up there are the O'Danny Girls.If there are any other bawdy acts up there that I missed please let me know and I will try to catch one of their shows the next time that I come.

Well, there's The Interpreters, Don Juan and Miguel's last show, Pub Sing, (arguably) Swami Yomahmi and even the Pyrates veer off into that territory every once in a while, when performing in the proper venue (Not That There's Anything Wrong With That®)
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

lordwriothsley

Quote from: will paisley on September 08, 2008, 06:58:57 PM
Quote from: lordwriothsley on September 08, 2008, 06:48:36 PM

Well, there's The Interpreters, Don Juan and Miguel's last show, Pub Sing, (arguably) Swami Yomahmi and even the Pyrates veer off into that territory every once in a while, when performing in the proper venue (Not That There's Anything Wrong With That®)
Thanks will I will try to catch one of each show.I don't know why I forgot the interpreters because a good friend of mine from VARF from about 5 years ago is one of the members of the group.I will definetely catch one of their shows when I come up again.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

lowlandscot

I will be there both days this weekend as well. Probably wearing maroon with a plaid shawl. Those of you who remember Neidfyre the fiddler/vocalist who was with us a few weekends -- she isn't named on the weekly schedule, but she's playing for the Aerial Angels this weekend, in area A.