News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TableRock in Salado Tx.

Started by Queen Bonnie, June 08, 2008, 03:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

Has any one heard anything about this faire? Mid Sept.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

dbaldock

On 28-Feb-08, I sent an email to them, asking about the 2008 event - and received this reply:

Quote from: [email]Tablerock1@aol.com[/email]There will not be a Tablerock Fantasy Faire this year.   We have replaced the Faire with other events.
Thank you for asking. 

Jackie

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Queen Bonnie

Well that is too bad.  Thanks for letting me know.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Blackbead

Your Majesty,

I have been in contact with m'Lady Stephanie Hood who has informed me that she is desperately trying to find an alternate site for the Fantasy Faire in Salado.  She has had some success, she tells me, with setting up something with the winery there in Salado but I haven't heard anything from her for some time and I fear that this is a faire that may be lost for the present time.  I am not privy to all of the details regarding this misadventure but what I do know leads me to state that I will never, NEVER, attend any function sponsored by the owners/operators of the Tablerock Festival or the ampitheater.  I doubt very much that they will miss us but I can guarantee you that they have lost any business of mine.

Faire winds to ye and yours,
Blackbead
Privateer and Adventurer
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

cyberrennie

Looks like the Shakespeare has been dropped also.

Queen Bonnie

Fie and drat.  I will miss the TableRock faire. Twas fun!  ( Insert really bad word HERE!)
Wingardium Leviosa!

dfloyd888

This has me all grumpy now. :/  Tablerock is one of the few faires I can hit with limited student resources, although hopefully I'll be graduating this December, so I can hit others as a volunteer.  Stephanie is a top notch host, and it will suck having nothing in September to head to that is close.

Blackbead

I know exactly what you mean - this faire traditionally opens up my season and it is going to be a damn shame if she can't get something going with the Salado winery.  I wonder, should we get a write-in campaign started??
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

dfloyd888

Count me in as well for write-in stuff and volunteer work before if need be.

Lairde Guardn

I thouroughly enjoyed the tablerock faire when I attended it, I think it was the first and second years only.   I had always hoped to get back to it to see how it was doing and how it had grown....

I know it was a soft faire, but it was so much fun

Sorry to see it is gone....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Queen Bonnie

Come to Serendipity Haven in Smithville! It is a good replacement for TableRock.
Wingardium Leviosa!