News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thank You!

Started by sealion, May 16, 2008, 08:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sealion

When I joined R/F two years ago I firmly believed that I could not sew and I was totally in awe of the fabulous garb I saw posted here. Thanks to the friendly members here and their helpful advice and encouragement I decided to try my hand at sewing last year. I know you are probably sick of seeing my dress but I just had to let you know that my Eleonora inspired gown is the current Showcase at the Realm of Venus http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/showcase.htm which is something I never would have dreamed of had it not been for you! Thank you!
(I have this sneaking suspicion that the June 1st showcase may have been made by a forum member as well but guess we'll have to wait and see.)
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Marietta Graziella

Congratulations!!!  You must indeed by a seamstress of great talent to be included with the likes of those at Realm of Venus.  Your achievement is truly cause for celebration.

Huzzah to the good lady Sealion!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

DonaCatalina

Congratulations!

You are truly a talented fabric artist.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

operafantomet

We had a topic about your Showcase dress, but it disappeared when the forum was moved. Congrats! It's highly deserved. I love the sleeves of that dress!  :)

LadyOren

Congrats Cindy !!!  That's just awesome!
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Baroness Doune

You are correct Sealion.  Chris, the person who was featured on the May 1 showcase, was a member of the old forum but she has not made the transition to the new forum.

I had started the previous topic which has since disappeared, so I will say what I said in the original topic post.

Huzzah on a job well done!

silverstah

Congrats, Sealion!  I've seen nothing but positive commentary about your dress - and I LOVE your idea to use the hair ties/buttons for the sleeve attachments. 

I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!
Catarina Caravello - Mistress of the Bobbins
\"Arrrgh.  Feed Dogs.  Arrrgh.\"  -The Pirate, sewing

sealion

I knew that Chris, the May 1st showcase, was a former forum member but I was hinting that the preview for the June 1st showcase looks like it might be a certain Italian working class dress made by an R/F member.  ;)
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

gem

Squee!!!  I am SO PROUD of you, Cin!!

And thanks for the reminder to go check there more often.  I think I've missed a lot! :D

(and, goodness--you people have no idea how long I've been sittin' on Cin's secret, waitin' for her to share the news!  ;D)  Woo-hoo, girl!!!

Does it bear mentioning again that Cin started sewing LAST SUMMER?

Yeah, people.

FaireMare

How wonderful!  It is so great to see someone thrive like this.. Huzzah!

Amyj

Oh Huzzah!!!  It's always so cool to recognise one of the R/F members getting an accolade!!!!  Congrats!!!! ;D ;D ;D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Lady L

Huzzah! Way to go! congrats! :)
Former Shop Owner at MNRF