News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

*looks around* so.......aparently I missed something.

Started by Mischief Snicklebritches, May 12, 2008, 01:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mischief Snicklebritches

Why are we here now? what happened to the other page-y place?
*is frightened of change* ???

........... :'( nobody tells me anything :D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

a_chromatic_sea

It's okay, Lady Remi... I don't know what the heck's going on either. Oh well, that's not new for me!  ::)

Ottheinrich

Demetrius

This is a test post. Had this been an actual post...

Hi Lady Remi- is that you? Hi a_chromatic_sea- is that you? I feel like a mime who actually is in a box, but glad we have at least this... I just miss the old posts.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Zoë

The server on the other site went down.  Apparently it wasn't due to hacker activity, but I don't know the actual cause.  Needless to say the other site is dead and John is trying to either rebuild it or find us a new place and hopefully bring over all the old posts.  I've been trying to pass around the word over myspace and whatnot, but I'm sad that there's apparently so many of us who don't know what's going on.  Apparently if you go to the old site it redirects you here, so that helps I guess.  I miss our old house! 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

DeadBishop

Thanks for signing back up.  We're going to make this better than our old home!

R/F.com member since 2003

Blushing

I miss our old house too ... but change can be good.  We will make it good!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Zoë

I used to move around a lot when I was a kid, so this is just like the good ol' days!  Haha.  I think we'll do okay here.   :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Merlot

*looks around*

*blinks*

*RUNS AROUND NEW SPACE*  WHEE!!!

Er...ha!  Anyhoodle, I get busy for a little while and the universe changes on me!  Wow! 

Here I is.

;D
Whirly Jig
and
Colorado Rogues

CapnJack

So... Not to be a neerdowell... but am I the only one who kinda' hates the new layout?  It's so much less... something... straightforward, perhaps...
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Mischief Snicklebritches

Not at all, I just told Demitrius the other day that I really dont like this new layout either. I liked the other one better.
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

CapnJack

Yeah, I can't find anything.  And you've got to scroll forever to find the CO faire forums.  Weird shine.  I wish they could retrieve the original formatting somehow.  Or at least use something closer to it.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

The big problem as we all found out with the old format is it was so easily hackable. Not sure why except maybe it was because it was on a Windows server and had very unsecure code. So far this site is stable... Knocks on wood or in this case my head.

Yea I liked the old site to, but I will not complain with this one, because IT WORKS!
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

I really don't find much of a difference other than colors and all that, perhaps because I'm used to different types of forums?  I dunno.  This seems pretty standard to me.  You had to scroll pretty far to find the CO forums on the other one, too, so it doesn't bother me too much.  Of course I'd rather have the old forum back for posterity's sake, but like Lady Delaney said, this one WORKS!  Haha. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

Quote from: Lady Remi on May 29, 2008, 01:51:33 PM
Not at all, I just told Demitrius the other day that I really dont like this new layout either. I liked the other one better.

Oh, Lady Remi, I thought you were talking about the new Pirates pub. Like I told Pirate Zoe, I was shocked to see they took out Pirates Pub and replaced it with a small hotel, a taco bell, and an exercise area for Zoe's hamsters. I don't think I'll tell her about the hamster launch (I think this was Sean Daniels idea, but don't quote me on that).
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...