News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

*looks around* so.......aparently I missed something.

Started by Mischief Snicklebritches, May 12, 2008, 01:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mischief Snicklebritches

How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

CapnJack

Y'know, the ironic part is that they actually did just replace the Pirates' Pub stage.  I'm super excited!  It's SOOOOO much nicer than the old one!
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Demetrius

Quote from: CapnJack on June 01, 2008, 01:43:41 AM
Y'know, the ironic part is that they actually did just replace the Pirates' Pub stage.  I'm super excited!  It's SOOOOO much nicer than the old one!

Yeah, but they replaced it with foam... go figure! Wait, which stage was that?
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

a_chromatic_sea

Neat! I didn't know they were working on replacing the Pirate's Pub stage. The old one wasn't too bad, but I can't wait to see the new and improved version! Wooooo!!

... ELEVEN DAYS AHHH. So exciting!

Kit

The new Pirate's Pub stage is great - or it will be when it's done! It's larger & higher and there is now a *small* inside "backstage area - but the only door into it is onstage - oops?  This year is going to be soooo much fun!!! ;D

Demetrius

Quote from: Kit on June 02, 2008, 06:40:02 PM
The new Pirate's Pub stage is great - or it will be when it's done! It's larger & higher and there is now a *small* inside "backstage area - but the only door into it is onstage - oops?  This year is going to be soooo much fun!!! ;D

Ah yes, but with an inside backstage area won't it be difficult to see the audience?
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

CapnJack

It's a new school of theatre, influenced by the internet, cell phones, and text messaging.  Virtual theatre they're calling it.  We don't actually need to see the audience.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Tanda

Quote from: CapnJack on June 02, 2008, 10:05:56 PM
It's a new school of theatre, influenced by the internet, cell phones, and text messaging.  Virtual theatre they're calling it.  We don't actually need to see the audience.

Do you even need an actual audience?

Gad...I have visions of mass text messages of "You smell funny."
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

Quote from: CapnJack on June 02, 2008, 10:05:56 PM

As a future teacher of the dramatic arts, this makes my soul hurt a little bit. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Having played in original rock bands through the years, I can say NO, No audiance required. I've played in front of None, and I have played in front of hundreds. I have even played (on the radio) for thousands.

I will admit the best shows were the bigger ones as you feed off the energy of the crowd. When you play for none, you tend to experiment and use it as a live practice.

I like the idea of Virtual Audiance... it fits one of the songs I wrote  a number of years ago when playing Virtual Reality.

Better yet, play behind a rock wall so all the crowd can see is rock. HAHAHA Rock Wall Concert!
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Kit

Quote from: Lady_Delaney on June 03, 2008, 09:46:39 AM
Better yet, play behind a rock wall so all the crowd can see is rock. HAHAHA Rock Wall Concert!

Ouch! That hurts! - Be careful of the headbanging!

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Kit on June 02, 2008, 06:40:02 PM

If I didn't know better, I would think I was reading the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival thread.  A new Pirate pub was built at PRF last year and someone  (may have even been me) posted the same thing almost word for word.  I'm assuming the same design plans were used.  Make sure the sound system speakers are NOT placed in back of the performers up on top.  That caused a great deal of feedback until it was brought to someone's attention and they were moved out front.  It is also very disconcerting to have the sound person walk past in the middle of a song to get into the controls.  Worse yet is starting a show and then having the sound person come out of the door on the stage.

My solution;  work the sound person into the act.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Adriana Rose

Zoë

I get paid to be a techie at Elitches!  Now that's a grand job.   :D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Adriana Rose