News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

*looks around* so.......aparently I missed something.

Started by Mischief Snicklebritches, May 12, 2008, 01:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well a good tech sound or other wise would minimise him/herself IF they had to go on stage and do what needs to be done very quickly.

Honestly I have only seen 1 sound person come on stage and that happened at one gig I played. I had zero sound out of my amps and three of us worked to resolve the issue as the rest of the band kept on playing improvising more on an original song. Come to find out on of my amps had a blown fuse and the bad thing was I had just picked it up from the repair shop that very day. Lucky for me I always used two amp heads and 2 4X12 cabinets stacked (Heavy Metal ya know) From then on I used 1 amp with the other ready to just pull 1 plug and go into the other... standby amp I guess is what it became.

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Merlot

Yeep, new Pub?  I am intrigued and excited and le scared all at the same time.   :o ;D ;)
Whirly Jig
and
Colorado Rogues

Adriana Rose

Quote from: Lady_Delaney on June 05, 2008, 09:40:02 AM
Well a good tech sound or other wise would minimise him/herself IF they had to go on stage and do what needs to be done very quickly.

That is why we wear black!

stealthstealthstelthWHAP!

Demetrius

Quote from: Merlot on June 05, 2008, 01:07:28 PM
Yeep, new Pub?  I am intrigued and excited and le scared all at the same time.   :o ;D ;)

I saw the new stage this weekend- it looks fantastic! I hear we are getting all new pirates for the audience this year as well.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Merlot

yeah!  i saw it on saturday and love it!  although it was funny--my relief was endless when i saw that they finally cut out the back door before i left.   ;D :D
Whirly Jig
and
Colorado Rogues

Princess Alice

Quote from: CapnJack on May 29, 2008, 01:03:56 AM
So... Not to be a neerdowell... but am I the only one who kinda' hates the new layout?  It's so much less... something... straightforward, perhaps...

you're right...
it's no longer simple.
it's very...
modern.
and not cool.

I just joined again and I'm so confused!
Real Men Eat Fish.

Ginger

Quote from: Nicolyse on June 13, 2008, 01:02:47 AM
Quote from: CapnJack on May 29, 2008, 01:03:56 AM
So... Not to be a neerdowell... but am I the only one who kinda' hates the new layout?  It's so much less... something... straightforward, perhaps...

you're right...
it's no longer simple.
it's very...
modern.
and not cool.

I just joined again and I'm so confused!

I just saw it today... meh.... I mean it's nice and all... but it looks to... Clean for pirates, I miss the old one :/
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: Lady Remi on May 12, 2008, 01:23:39 AM
Why are we here now? what happened to the other page-y place?
*is frightened of change* ???

........... :'( nobody tells me anything :D

So I'm not the only one, ehh?

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: Demetrius on June 09, 2008, 09:54:20 AM
Quote from: Merlot on June 05, 2008, 01:07:28 PM

I saw the new stage this weekend- it looks fantastic! I hear we are getting all new pirates for the audience this year as well.

Wait...new stage? I did notice they rearranged the tables, but I figured it was just a way to squeeze in a few more warm bodies, but the new stage completely escaped me.

rene

Well Hello everyone!!! I think I have finally found where i should be :D. Its a big pain in the bahookie to find the Co forums but i think i finally got it.. If i get lost again, throw me a rope okay?!! ;D

Merlot

yeah, it is very *new* looking--maybe if some weather hits it'll wear it down a bit.  i think it's the brand new paint that makes it look uber-fresh.  miss the actual "pirate's pub" sign that used to be up there too.  it was pretty cool to play on tho...although i REALLY REALLY miss our netting...we have no shade now and it's le-roasting up there!  ah well, so'z it goe'z. 
Whirly Jig
and
Colorado Rogues

Demetrius

Are we talking about the new forum or the new pirate pub stage?

BTW, I think I had about 909 posts on the old RF.com or maybe it was in the thousands... millions...

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Merlot

HAHAHAHA!!  i think both--i just looked back and the new stage *and* the new forum are floating around in here.  that's awesome. 
Whirly Jig
and
Colorado Rogues