News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Invasion: Ohio!

Started by max and kate, September 10, 2008, 06:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

max and kate

Quote from: Carl and Donna on September 19, 2008, 02:13:24 PM
We will be attending hopefully the have enough beer!
They also have a fine mead if like you mead that is. Great that you can make it you won't be disappointed.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

CapnFayeCutler

Or you could just mix the Guinness and Cider and go with the "Snakebite". It's surprisingly good!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Capt Lucy

I'll definitely be there...we carpooling sis?
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

CapnFayeCutler

IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

Arianwyn

Greetings all....

Some of you I have met before and some I have not...I will be coming to Ohio for Closing Weekend and bringing my new man (Yeah Me!!!!).....the Saturday for sure....Sunday is still up in the air....

This is my first time to your fine faire, is there a central meeting place, pub or area....is there a morning tailgate party?  Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new friends too!!!

Arianwyn

CapnFayeCutler

We usually end up drifting to the Ale'ing Knight Pub during the day. ;D

I've seen a few of us have morning tailgate gatherings...I think Papa Tinker would have better information than me though. :)

Looking forward to meeting you!
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

max and kate

We've been talking up the Ohio Faire trying to get as many as we can to come and it seems more are willing to forgo a weekend at home and make it to ORF but we shall see how many do come after all.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Old Tinker

well CapnFaye, me's know a little. me thinks there will be a second breakfast  ;D, in the carriage lot, normally around 9 to 9:30AM. just look for the group that is really enjoy'n themselves. and of course most will be hover'n around the Ale'n Knight Pub most of the day.
Arianwyn, we have updated the list for the Ren'vasion from the North.
enjoy these fall day, old man winter is peak'n around the corner,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Arianwyn

Well thank you all for letting me know where to find you...will definitely look for the group in the parking lot...and at the pub.....we'll be arriving on the Friday night as its a 7.5 hour drive for us....so we will be there bright and early Saturday morning....can't wait, has been too long since my last Faire....

Thanks again and be well until we see you.....

Arianwyn & Master Ravyne

Lord Virgil

My wife Barb and I already have our room reserved for Saturday night at the Wilmington Holiday Inn (we'll see all you Michiganders at the hotel after you get back from your Saturday festivities), and we will be at your fine Faire Sunday for sure!  I have to work Saturday, so we can't make both days.  We were there last year and had a great time!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

LadyAnn

You can't sneak up on me this year  ;)
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Old Tinker

good Lord Virgil, thee and thy Lady have been add'd to the list'n on the "Calendar of Friends", for Sunday Close'n of the Gates at OHRF.
our dearest Lady Ann, how me Belle and me wish we where go'n to be there close'n weekend. this will be the first season that me Belle and me will be a miss'n the close'n for as long as we have been fest'n,(in other words, this will be the first time we have not gone to OHRF closing since we started fest'n some 12 to 14 years ago). but alas, there be press'n business that we have to attend to. so tip one for us, send our Hugs around to all, and enjoy.
be well all,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

LadyAnn

I saddens me that I'll not see thee and Belle at ORF's closing weekend, but I understand.  It is still up in the air if I will truley be able to make it myself.  Things are tough all around for everyone.

A {{BIG HUGS}} to you and Belle my dearest friends.

~LadyAnn~
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

LadyHawkeontheHill

WHAT!? No Tink or Belle?! As if we weren't close enough, I was hopin' to share M'Crack news with my new cousins, Tink and Belle. I'll miss you guys that weekend. However, Mimosas in the parking lot prior to opening!!
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

Cosima

I'll be there Sunday! I rearranged my work schedule in order to make it happen.