News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

9/13 and 9/14

Started by flidais, September 11, 2008, 06:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flidais

It is Wonders of the World weekend at MIRF and I'm wondering.....who will be there?

I've been slacking on my weekend update duties.  Busy! Busy! Busy!  But anywho.....

Meet and Greets at 11 each day.  Not sure of anything else in particular planned for this weekend.  Hopefully the weather will be kind to us. 

I and my daughter will be in attendance on saturday.  Yeah!!!   

Cyron

<--- will be there.. camera in hand.. :)
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

nliedel

Right now Weather.com and I are having an argument. It says rain, I say nay. Of course I will be there. Since I am useless at the meetings, just find me on your way to them. I'm in a hole in the wall on Saturday 10:30-12:00. I sing there. It's on the right as you are off to the meet. Right between the first beer and wine stand in the 100's. Easy to find. I'm going to be in Cranberry Saturday and the Blue on Sunday.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

maelstrom0370

We'll be there Sunday.  Possibly Saturday, depends if I can get Sandy over her fears of leaving our Little Booger with anyone but my mom for a day.  The couple that was with us on Opening Weekend will be there as well, he with camera in hand.  Sounds like he's looking forward to taking more pictures of people this time as opposed to the Joust (which he photographed the HECK out of last time), so if you'd like a nice picture of yourself in Garb, kick him in the shin and yell "Hey you! Take my frikkin' picture!" He responds well to polite requests like that!  ;) ::) :P

sealion

We might try a one day visit this weekend. We are still undecided. My son's girlfriend has really been looking forward to going and finally has a job that doesn't require her to work weekends. She was very disappointed when I told her we weren't planning to return until closing weekend so we'll see what happens.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Lady Gwyndolyn

We are hopefully going to be there one of the two days, the weather get's to decide which one!  :'(

The next question is, what to wear??? 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Cyron

Quote from: nliedel on September 11, 2008, 07:18:00 AM
Right now Weather.com and I are having an argument. It says rain, I say nay. Of course I will be there. Since I am useless at the meetings, just find me on your way to them. I'm in a hole in the wall on Saturday 10:30-12:00. I sing there. It's on the right as you are off to the meet. Right between the first beer and wine stand in the 100's. Easy to find. I'm going to be in Cranberry Saturday and the Blue on Sunday.

though its most likely gonna be a wet weekend.. i still dont trust weather.com.. i do however trust noaa..

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Holly&state=MI&site=DTX&textField1=42.799&textField2=-83.6226&e=1

thats the noaa weather report for holly, mi.. maybe i just like how its displayed better or the fact that i have ties to them so i know how they get there forcast.. either way.. theres the quick link for yall to keep updated for this weekend.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.

max and kate

We'll be there rain or shine, we don't care about the weather and don't let it decide when we should go, a couple years back if we thought like that we would have been at faire only closing weekend.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lord Virgil

The only thing the weather decides for us is what outfits we wear, but we show up rain or shine (unless there are dangerous lightning packed thunderstorms).
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

LadyAnn

I shall be there with my niece.  This will be her first time coming to faire,  and I wish it wasn't going to be so wet for her sake.
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Cyron

Quote from: Lord Virgil on September 11, 2008, 02:11:35 PM
The only thing the weather decides for us is what outfits we wear, but we show up rain or shine (unless there are dangerous lightning packed thunderstorms).

boo.. but lightning makes for some awesome photos.. like this one below.. one of my favorite photos i have ever taken.

flidais

Oooh nice pic.

I agree, I don't let the weather decide if I'll go but rather what I will go in.  We have actually had some very wonderful days at faire in the rain and cold.  Makes for some fine scottish weather.  I love the sunny days with no trace of clouds for miles, but sometimes it's fun to just sit in the rain and laugh with friends.

anna*regina

I'll certainly be there as I'm volunteering for a bit in the afternoon. I will unfortunately be there alone until 2pm though.

Lord Clisto of York

I just can't make it this year which really bums me out after all the years I have gone. My carpool buddy had to cancel so it left me Michiganless... I miss seeing everyone too. But, lady Ann is picking me up this years owains stage pass for RESCUE and sending it out. Thanks again

Thus I am leaving for the Des Moines faire in the morning.

Sir Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

nliedel

Quote from: anna*regina on September 11, 2008, 11:05:47 PM
I'll certainly be there as I'm volunteering for a bit in the afternoon. I will unfortunately be there alone until 2pm though.

Find me and you won't be alone!! I can't squire you around, but as long as I do my job, we can hang. I'm always happy to make new friends.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor