News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

9/13 and 9/14

Started by flidais, September 11, 2008, 06:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anna*regina

Nliedel- I will be at the meet & greet on Saturday, if you're not there, I will certainly keep an eye open for you! I'm looking forward to meeting lots or new people this weekend!

nliedel

I'm gonna try, I swear. I've got nothing planned, assignment wise at that time. In other words, no excuses. I just tend to get involved and the time flies.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Celtic Lady

Sir Morgan and I were there last weekend. Sadly we had to come back to Des Moines and will not be attending MiRF.
Sir Clisto, hope to see you in Des Moines this weekend.

Lord Clisto of York

The faire was canceled until next weekend on the 20/21. I am going to make it then. Hope to see you there
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lady Gwyndolyn

Quote from: max and kate on September 11, 2008, 01:44:17 PM
We'll be there rain or shine, we don't care about the weather and don't let it decide when we should go, a couple years back if we thought like that we would have been at faire only closing weekend.

I wish I didn't have to, but with surgery on the horizon, I have to be very careful not to come down with anything.  And I seem to catch a chill really easy.  If I get sick, the surgery is delayed even longer and I have been waiting way to long as it is.  Hopefully (fingers crossed) we will get to see everyone sometime this weekend.
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

serenamoonsilver

Quote from: sir clisto on September 13, 2008, 12:17:31 AM
The faire was canceled until next weekend on the 20/21. I am going to make it then. Hope to see you there

Wait does this mean the faire was closed this weekend (due to the rain?)   

sealion

I doesn't look like we will make it this weekend after all. Everyone here is too broke to pay for the gas to get there. :(
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

LadyAnn

LMAO  What a day at fair!  It was like the mud show was going on throught out the whole faire.  My niece went with me, and we were slipping and sliding all over the place. She wants to try and go tomorrow, but I just can't do it.  More of the same weather as it was today.  The grounds are a total reck.  I didn't get any picture, because it rained all day. Down pour.

~LadyAnn~
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Celtic Lady

Quote from: serenamoonsilver on September 13, 2008, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: sir clisto on September 13, 2008, 12:17:31 AM

Wait does this mean the faire was closed this weekend (due to the rain?)   

Sir Clisto was saying the Des Moines faire was postponed this weekend due to the rain.

Lord Clisto of York

Yepper... I called Lynn (Queen Catherine) Saturday and she said they got 4 inches of rain that flooded the parking area as well as a few other areas. They made the right decision. I will be going there next weekend instead.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

maelstrom0370

We won't be making it either day this weekend.  :( 
Sandy will most likely be there next Saturday (20th) with a few friends, but I won't be able to get another weekend off from work.

anna*regina

The rain certainly turned it into a disgusting, soppy mud pit. But I met so many wonderful people, it was a good time anyway. By the time I made it to the meet and greet, everyone had already gone. But many thanks to Ladyfaire for letting me hang around the back of her booth with some of the wonderful folks I met. Everyone I met there and at the pub were so friendly and welcoming. I hope to have the chance to see you all again :)

Lord Pumpernickel

This weekend was surly one to remember. Complete mud pit both days with Sunday closing early. It is a rare event but the shows at MIRF (at least the ones that still went on) are completely different. Most shows try have have fun when they know no money is going to be made, sort of make the best of the situation scenario. So I saw many acts that went on that would most likely never be repeated. They even did a great job getting all the people, and there was a lot of people, out of the mud in the parking lots. Except for one tow truck they called in which wanted to charge me $125.00 to get pulled through moderate mud. Luckily a jeep came by and afford to do it for free. After they got me out they refused my tip so Kudos to them for alienating vultures. Other then that and accepting the crappy weather this weekend was amazing.

Jon Foster

We stayed away from the faire this weekend because of the rain. It was a mess around here so I can only imagine how bad it was there.

Eric of Lyon

I trudged through on Sunday.  Wow!  In the nearly 30 years since I've been going, I don't remember rain ever being that bad.  Had to pack it in and leave around 4 PM because of some flooding that was occurring back at the house.   

Kudos for all you players, workers, vendors and the like that still made it an enjoyable day. A few vendors were really grumpy and complaining (a couple so bad you didn't even want to step in their shop), but most were still cheery and a joy to talk to and purchase from despite the weather.  I do hope the remaining days of the faire are beautiful and enough is made to recover from this bad weekend.

No photos, unfortunately.  It was just too bad for me to risk the camera.

Will be returning for the closing weekend. The way it looks now, I'm planning on Sunday the 28th.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon