News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

9/13 and 9/14

Started by flidais, September 11, 2008, 06:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric of Lyon

Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Cyron

soon after you left.. i was wondering if those 4 tow trucks i saw were charging or if the faire called them in and paid them to pull people out..  i did get to see a group of about 8 guys or so running around like a football team helping push people that was cool.. but hell almost had my truck get stuck the instant i inched forward.. but i luckily did not.. however there is not a extremely big rut caose my rear wheels dug a trench that was just about to the axle.. lol

but i did take my camera :)

this photo below is just before they closed, near the front gate area it was 3 times worse.. the performer that is usualy at the stage you see to the upperleft was sitting on a chair and doing the talking part of his show to no one.. just the pickle sellers.. lol. started doing bits from the other acts show that uses that stage too.. was quite funny.  so i brought him a beer since he is always asking for one during his show..

in this next picture.. there is usually no water in this little stream..

I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Eric of Lyon

Cool pix.  Good for you for braving the elements with your camera.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Cyron

its a canon powershot s45 from 2003.. lol.. so my theory is if it breaks i get to get a new one sooner :)

photos of the weekend are being uploaded as i type this.. estimated time about 8:30 they will be done.. link is in my profile or the little globe under my name.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.

Lord Virgil

We were there Saturday, but not Sunday.  I barely got out of the parking lot on Saturday, so I can only imagine what it looked like on Sunday.  The fact that the film crew that never showed up took the entire NE parking lot on Saturday made things worse.  My Grand Prix is not a car to go mud bogging in, that's for sure.  We had fun at the pub, but there was no way we were going to try and brave both days.  We will be there this coming Sunday (I have to work Saturday).

Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

nliedel

Duke Fairfax told me they closed at 4:30. I, and several other cast members, were sent home right after opening. I'm still fighting double pneumonia and got some much needed rest in the afternoon. Should be some interesting little hills and dales this week, as we are open Friday-Sunday.

I laughed and laughed slogging through on Saturday. I loved talking to the brave people who came out and the cheers from the shows was loud and raucous. Everyone that went certainly were rewarded for their courage and once you give up and just decide it's  going to be a great day, no matter what, it is!

Now I get to start washing most of Hollygrove out of my gowns.

Just consider it a free European mud treatment!
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

anna*regina

Great photos of RENstock, Cyron!

Cyron

lol thanks.. i have no idea how i ended up with sunday having the most single day photos i have taken yet though at 185.. lol

the morning of sunday started out ok.. then teh rain.. what i thougth was funny was when the sun peaked out for about 3 minutes and the show performers actually stopped to say wow the sun.. lol

Rin

Sunday was pretty fun for me, actually.

I have to give Bocca major props for putting on a show in the rain and the goo.. It was probably their best show ever.. They probably wouldn't have gotten away with some of the stuff they did if it were a normal day...

All things considered.. For all us folks that didn't have to work that day due to the rain, it was pretty fun to tromp through the mud.
"Chivalry is the most delicate form of contempt."

Pipere

I'd also like to thank Ladyfair for her hospitality; they were dearly needed on the monsoon days and it was so nice having a place to sit that wasn't completely soaked or caked in mud. Plus that pie was AWESOME.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

LadyAnn

Cyron ~ I saw you driving in on Saturday when I was leaving. 

Nice pictures! I can't believe the little brook at Things from Rings was over flowing so bad. I see you captured a picture of my cousin standing in the the brook. LOL
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Thumper

I wish I had taken more pictures.  The boyfriend and I had such a good time jumping in the mud and playing in the rain. 

My boyfriend would find a small piece of ground that was surrounded by a puddle and would claim it as his island!!  LOL!!  We ran around all day on Saturday doing that. 

Left extra tips to performers for performing in that kind of weather!!

serenamoonsilver

Quote from: Celtic Lady on September 13, 2008, 07:37:48 PM
Quote from: serenamoonsilver on September 13, 2008, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: sir clisto on September 13, 2008, 12:17:31 AM
The faire was canceled until next weekend on the 20/21. I am going to make it then. Hope to see you there

Wait does this mean the faire was closed this weekend (due to the rain?)   

Sir Clisto was saying the Des Moines faire was postponed this weekend due to the rain.

Ah..turns out it doesn't matter anyway, me and the little one came down with the flu this weekend.  Next weekend is a maybe for us, but we will defintely be back for the last weekend.

Jon Foster

Man it looks like we didn't miss too much fun. But to be honest, I think I would have enjoyed being there just so I could have seen the mess...

This coming weekend will be the weekend though. I'll be in rare form snapping countless pictures of everyone in hopes of finding a keeper for the photography contest. So be warned, if you are camera shy, start running now!  ;)

Jon.

Cyron

what photography contest.. wont win but oh well.. still would like to know.