News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

9/13 and 9/14

Started by flidais, September 11, 2008, 06:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nliedel

The creativity this weekend was wonderful. It was amazing how everyone stepped up to the plate. The patrons, the acts, the cast. It was just something I'm thrilled I was a part of, till I was sent home early on Sunday. I was really sad about that, but no sense in making a sick person sicker :) 
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: nliedel on September 16, 2008, 07:04:16 AM
*snip* but no sense in making a sick person sicker :)  *snip*

I'm sorry to say that going home early on Sunday did nothing whatsoever to cure the stinkiness of my sister.

We'll have to try again this week. Maybe this Saturday she'll get another bath for Drench a Wench.

...OH! You mean YOU were sick!

Never mind then. Hope you're feeling better though!  ;D
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

AnyuBoo

I just looked through Cyron's pics of the weekend (great pics, btw)...I must say, I'm impressed at how everyone managed to have so much fun despite the rain and muck.  :) 
We're not sure yet if we'll make it back for either of the last 2 weekends (if we do, it'll be on one of the 2 Sundays as hubby has to work both Saturdays).
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

nliedel

Quote from: Katie Bookwench on September 16, 2008, 08:19:03 AM
Quote from: nliedel on September 16, 2008, 07:04:16 AM
*snip* but no sense in making a sick person sicker :)  *snip*

I'm sorry to say that going home early on Sunday did nothing whatsoever to cure the stinkiness of my sister.

We'll have to try again this week. Maybe this Saturday she'll get another bath for Drench a Wench.

...OH! You mean YOU were sick!

Never mind then. Hope you're feeling better though!  ;D

Double pneumonia, but I'm MUCH better now. Thank goodness.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Cyron

Quote from: AnyuBoo on September 16, 2008, 08:58:17 AM
I just looked through Cyron's pics of the weekend (great pics, btw)...I must say, I'm impressed at how everyone managed to have so much fun despite the rain and muck.  :) 
We're not sure yet if we'll make it back for either of the last 2 weekends (if we do, it'll be on one of the 2 Sundays as hubby has to work both Saturdays).

thanks.. yup. once you got over the oh no i am gettign muddy it was pretty fun.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

LadyMeg

I agree.  Lots of fun!  Despite the fact that I couldn't move all Sunday after my romping on Saturday.  Still, I quite enjoyed myself, and how I turned into a blue smurf... still a bit dyed by that...LOL. 
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Lord Virgil

I agree with the "Sunday After" effects of a day in the rain on Saturday.  It's times like that that remind me I'm now over 40 and can't do the silly stuff I used to without consequences.  I have been seriously thinking of getting a "rainy day outfit" so I can go romp and be an idiot in the mud without ruining my nice stuff, but I don't know if my body can withstand the punishment anymore.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

anna*regina

Me too, Lord Virgil. Aside from the fact that my gown was all but ruined when I got home, my legs were really sore on Sunday. As much fun as I had, I don't think I'll be going out on a day like that again anytime soon.

BTW, it was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife!

Lord Virgil

Same here Anna*Regina.  I hope your beautiful dress comes clean.  You are every bit as lovely and pleasant in person as you are on here, a pleasure to make your acquaintence.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Lady Deborah

This was the first time I have let weather beat me at faire.  We left at 1 on Saturday, going back to our hotel to "refresh" before heading out for "Plan B."  Walking though the hotel lobby covered in mud, soaking wet, wilted flowers plastered into my hair, mud soaked cape dragging behind me, the hotel clerk nearly called security.

Jon Foster

Quote from: Cyron on September 15, 2008, 11:10:46 PM
what photography contest.. wont win but oh well.. still would like to know.

Go to the MichRenFest site, they have the photography contest listed on the front page. I think it's more for the fun of a contest than anything else.

Jon.