News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TRF says they will open on schedule

Started by captmarga, September 16, 2008, 12:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmarga

Got an email (on their email list) from TRF.  They said minimal damage to site, no power at the moment, but they plan on opening on schedule Oct 11.

If anyone is planning on going down, I'd suggest making sure you were self-sufficient, and have a gas-efficient vehicle.  Gas is unavailable at the moment from Centerville southward.

We still plan on going down our usual weekend (all we can do with hubby's work schedule).  But we'll support the area, and when Dickens rolls around in Galveston, we'll do that too!

Huzzah - can't keep em down!!!

Capt. Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Randal

Gas is currently getting hard to get in Bryan/College Station. People are coming from Navasota, Huntsville, and lots of small communities in the area, to buy gas. Things should be better by October 11th, but probably not back to normal by any means.

I'll be there, but this could be a pretty weak opening weekend. I know that Opening Weekend after Rita was pretty slow, and it didn't have as big an effect as Ike.

Randal
Vive Ut Vive

Captain Kilian

I got the e-mail, didn't read it, just was excited to hear they would open on time. Never thought about the gas issue, thanks fro bringing that up. We'll be coming in from San Antonio, so I guess I'll figure out a place to fuel up other then the valero right outside the gate!

"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

*Teach*

Killian, If you go in the same way we do I was thinking of stopping in Brenham for gas just in case.
I figure that's close enough to get back out with no problem on gas.

*I am of course planning to pack in plenty of rum and loki... not taking chances there*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Captain Kilian

That sounds familiar - I'll have to look at a map again. I think I find a new way to go every year LOL
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

Tudor-Diva

Yes, and we are jumping back into rehearsal this weekend full steam ahead.  We've got very little time to go over lots of material.  BUT!  We are actors and improvisors and we WILL give you the best show possible!

Cheers!
Stacy Bakri

Lady Ann of Draycott

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96