News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hurricane Ike - where will you be?

Started by Var Greyshadow, September 11, 2008, 12:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ann of Draycott

We will be riding it out at our house in La Grange (Fayette County). We still are not sure how bad it will be here.  They are still saying that we could get wind gusts of up to 75 mph on Saturday.  We are bringing everything we can inside and hoping for the best.

Stay safe everyone!

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

DonaCatalina

Been a lot of discussion on all these hurricanes.
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=3054.0

I'm up in Carrollton, but several family members have evacuated off Padre and the rest in Clear Lake were supposed to finish boarding up and head north this morning. I'm still waiting on that update.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Toki's mom and two brothers are sticking it out in Corpus. We sure hope they are all right but she and them have done this before. We keep our praying to Mother Earth to watch over them.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

MacLaren

Unless a tornado kicks up and takes my roof away, I'm good, and plenty supplied with alcohol in the Heights.

All the best to you all, computer will be shut down shortly after reading a bit more. Is there any news on our Captain Darkke?

Damn, just saw the weather report....can I go to Serendipity now? Rambling, I know...battening down hatches....

Later, y'all, see you on the other side,
Dan
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

eloquentXI

Hoping and praying everyone in the faire-mily that's in the path makes it through ok,. We're looking at three times as much rain up here in Denton as we've had over the past few days but I doubt that'll be much compared to ya'll.

*hugs all around* Please keep checking in.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

JimsDana

Staying right here!
FYI! H.E.B. at 290 and Barker Cypress, Will OPEN at 5:00 AM Friday (Sept. 12, calling in all stockers to be ready) they will however, be closing @ 1:00 PM.
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

tigerlilly

We are staying put just south of Tomball, with plenty of coleman fuel and food.  Gonna pull in all the loose stuff from the yard.  I'm gonna be really bored if the power goes out...

Lady Rochelle

Staying at home here in Splendora, I will go into work tomorrow at 290 /beltway8  but all should be allright. Im just worried about the flooding and trees coming down. Im a camper so no power  is no biggie, have all the necessary implements.
Let the games begin !

Anna Iram

Ike is HUGE! Dang! He's taking up the whole gulf.

Hunkerdown and be careful even after the storm has passed. Be safe.

I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts this weekend.

SolRac

May leave tomorrow morning (4:00am) depending what they say tonight at 1000 If we do leave we are going to my best friends house off 290 and Jones. Take care everyone be safe!

Chianti

Hunkering down in Cypress.  Got the day off tomorrow so my son and I will be hanging at the house and I will hopefully get some sewing done.  Luckily I have a lot of hand sewing to do incase the power goes out.

Pascal

Staying in Katy.  After the mess with Rita, I'm never never never doing the evacuation bit again.

I had brought my generator, gas, and a window A/C to my in-laws in Baton Rouge last week.  When Ike started looking scary, I ran and bought another set -- luckily did it a few days before the stores got crazy.

KeeperoftheBar

I'll be staying in my house in NW Houston near Copperfield.  Got food, fuel, light and beer.  Luckily we decided to close the office at noon today till Monday.

Stay dry everyone and please no Wizard of Oz reinactments.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

CahirDochartaigh

No worries here in Grapevine. Even if flash-flooding occurs, I'm on a hill so thats no problem. Tornados are a whole other issue, but odds are in my favor.

I do have 12 relatives up here that evacuated out of Lake Jackson, Houston, and even Beaumont (though I thought that was not really in Ike's path). Four of which are crashed out in my living room currently.

These forced family reunions are always so much fun......!

Best of luck to all of you that are ridin out out down there. Nothin better than gettin sauced and watchin a storm blow through!
Ar n Duthcas!

MacLaren

Now where the devil did that bottle of rum get off to.....sorry, Teach, I'll have to get you another ::)
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP