News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Calling all Hams! New Days for acting Company Meetings

Started by Autouloucous, September 12, 2008, 12:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autouloucous

Hey Sherwood Friends!

Autouloucous here-- director of Sherwood's Entertainmnet.   I have changed Days for my acting company's meetings.  The Sherwood Players will now meet every Sunday at 4:30pm and every Monday at 6:30 at my house near Austin Bergstrom International Airport.  If you'd like to join us, or would like more information, please write me an email to entertainment@sherwoodforestfaire.com.

We are currently developing characters-- not the ones we will use at the faire, but practice characters to help us with the character-development process.  contact me to find out more; we are having lots of fun!

I will hold auditions one day in late june, once in late July, and two days in Mid August.  Dates to be announced soon------ if you cannot make it to any of the dates, contact me, and i will give you an audition whenever we can meet---------------------send your friends and favorite actors my way-------------------------------------------------------------------------Autouloucous

rengypsy

robin hood, his merry men, fairies, a troll and Orc or two, elves, simpletons/lunatics, lords/ladies, village folk, etc needed...oh, & pirates, travellers, jesters, jugglers!!!

Also looking fortune tellers, henna&hair-braiding folk.
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

PyroMaster

Fireworks... Hmmmm...
  Unfortunately, the time depicted is way before the advent of even the simple fireworks of the renaissance period. I would think that if any are to be had at Sherwood Forest, they would be in the fantasy classification.  That leaves open a lot of creativity with lots of color and ground-level effects with a wizard theme, perhaps?
Do not burden yourself with the secrets of scary people.

rengypsy

we will be anachronistic...shakespeare, robin hood, canons, fireworks, fairies, elves, and a heck of a lot of fun...bowing to fantasy and illusion over historic precident.

BUT WE WILL NOT HAVE PLASTIC CRAP being sold, or seen.

our calendar, though set in 1189ad, will transcend from early renaissance (high age of the middle ages for literature, philosophy, law, etc) through the high renaissance period.

thus, dream on bout them thar fireworks.
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Autouloucous

Tell me more, friends, tell me more, 

As Texas Renaissance Festival approaches that old time Faire feeling starts to hit me---- What do you wish to bring to our circle of talent, mystery, comedy, music?  What do you miss from the old days of pretending it's the old days? What could you do without? 

We are dedicated to creating a powerful illusion of fantasy for people who crave it!

"Will you won't you, will you won't you, won't you join the dance?"

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Queen Bonnie

The Bedlam Bards!  Great if you could get them!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Queen Maggie

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on October 09, 2008, 03:12:14 PM
The Bedlam Bards!  Great if you could get them!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I've recently heard that the Bedlam Bards have gone their separate ways.
Queen Maggie
wench#617, Bard #013
aka Mistress Mannerly, Goodlief Bailey, Cousin Undine Mannerly, Mother Lowe

Queen Bonnie

The Brobdingnagian Bards have split up.Marc and Andrew. Have Hawke and Cedric split also???? I had not heard that.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Autouloucous

Alas for the Bards! I patiently await the reunion tour....   "i smelled all the flowers, i left none to hide..."

Queen Bonnie

The Bedlam bards are still together!  They have a big following!
I know quite a few local performers! I will spread the word!
Wingardium Leviosa!

CuDubMacArtuir

Alas, I have few talents for the stage.  Herbs and healing, tinctures,decoctions and medicinal cordials maybe, and body work ( massage is my profession). My past sojourns include First Mate to the Navigator (USN, HMS),Stone and Brick Mason, carpenter, Captain of a Free Company of fighters (SCA), Court Herald (SCA, Markland), Marshall of the Lists (SCA, Markland), and archer. I would look forward to joining the populous of the Forest in what ever role would seem most fitting.

Laird Cu Dub Mac Artuir  of that Ilk

Queen Bonnie

I am a ham! I would much rather perform than vend- or I can try to do both? I am a lady Wizard! Working on the "being at two places at one time" potion! POOF!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Autouloucous

Thank You Queen Bonnie!

What a benevolent Monarch! 

Listen, folks!  Autouloucous Here.  The Sherwood Players have just come to be, and we want you to join us.  Every Wednesday the Sherwood Players and I get together to practice scenes, share ideas, create and develop the characters that shall inhabit Sherwood Forest Faire.   We will be holding auditions for key roles later this year, but getting involved with the Sherwood Players now is an opportunity to bring your talents not only to the stage, but to the genesis of this project.  I invite you to send me an email letting me know that you are interested in meeting with us on Wednesday evenings in Austin.  If you can't make Wednesdays, contact me anyway; we will be workinng more and more often as the year dwindles......     

entertainment@swf-faire.com will get you there.   Come and be part of the magic!--------------Autouloucous

Autouloucous

Sherwood Players, Sherwood Forest Faire's acting company meets Sundays and Mondays near the Austin Airport - write for directions: entertainment@sherwoodforestfaire.com

Join us in our latest excercise:

Create a Character--- to all of you who are interested in getting deep into character work with Sherwood forest faire, I invite you to start creating a practice character to use for development and improvisation excercises.  I have instructed the Sherwood Players to each come up with a character, and i invite anyone to join us. Come up with a character who has a name, a past, a family, a profession, etc.  *!For this excercise I am calling all characters from history or literature off-limits!* Make this a character completely of your own creation; and not one that you've used before,so that we are all at the same level, and the characters are all in thier 1st stage of development. Please make your character is someone who could have lived in the renaissance.
Don't worry about embodying, or acting like this character at first.
Start by writing down facts about this character on a peice of paper.  It dosen't matter if they are a bit random, because over the course of the page, you can scratch facts off the list that don't sound so good anymore.  You'll start wanting to because, even on that page, your character will start to develop. 
Once you have written a page or three of facts, try to string some of those facts together in a simple paragraph. Not a story ---just a description of this person (or animal or ghost or fairy or whatever). re-read your paragraph once to let it sink in, and then leave the writing alone for a while.  Just think about your character for a while, and when something pops into your head about them just try to remember it.  And if you get really inspired, get the paper out again.

So whenever you can make it to a Sherwood Players meeting, bring your notes about this character, and ... don't worry--- you don't have to act like them ...yet.  We will interview you, as yourself, asking you about your character as if they were someone you had met.  This will give you questions to answer about your character that you haven't thought of yet.  You may find the answers coming out of your mouth, or you may just say " I don't know. I'll ask her/him when i see him/her " - and write down the question so you can answer it whenever it comes to you.

We will see how these interviews go, and will decide the next step from there.  Eventually I will want to give you a direct interview--- no longer as yourself, but as the character.  I will ask very simple questions about your life (plus whoknows what else!), and your character, though he/she may not be a finished product, will be real.  You may want to use this character later, scrap it, change it, but it will always be a reference for you when developing characters in the future. 

If you are interested in playing with the Sherwood Players (in pursuit of a role, or just for fun) contact me, and let's have some fun making this the best Ren-Fest ever!------------Autouloucous entertainment@sherwoodforestfaire.com