News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thinking of going.

Started by Aosto, September 12, 2008, 02:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aosto

Hello all, I'm thinking of going to the KC festival this year as I have never been. Just got back from the one up in shakopee and other then that one I have only ever been to the one here in Des Moines. Just wondering if it's worth the trip, or is it as good or better then the one in shakopee?

Brother Gregory

It's well worth the trip. I went opening weekend and had a blast.

Raven

Tis a lovely fair! Perhaps not quite as large a MRF but close .
Cantebury is beautiful, although a bit wet this day I wager. 

Doc Tyma

Planning to head out this afternoon if the weather holds.  If you are out there, just look for anyone wearing an R/F pin; they are members of the forum and would be more than happy to say hello and such.
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Craigmeister

Do go.  I made the trip from Tulsa on opening weekend.  There is so much to do, see & hear.  Experience Tullamore's music if you go.  They make the fest worthwhile.  The workers at the archery booth know their business too.  That's a nice change from any other fest I've attended.  The tall trees remind me of Texrenfest some as well.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Capt Spleen

Thinkin' - shminkin'......

I'lzl be thar erputin fer booty duty wit me first mate! Dis Saturday a'least! Seez oo e'er beez thar!

Amyj

Cap'n Bob and I will be there (I haven't gotten my RF pin yet though)  Look for blue and gold  and Black, gold and red pirate coats.  Sadly my profile pic isn't much help since I have short hair now and wear it under a scarf when piratical.  We will have a guy in a green kilt and large drinking horn with us too if that helps.  We will be there all three days this weekend!!!  Leaving STL in about an hour actually!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Cormac

The gentlemen with the green kilt must have good taste because I have one and I know my taste are impecable.  I must look into a drinking horn now.

We attended this weekend past without our gaggle of ankle biters.  It was a pleasant change to enjoy shows with more adult content.  The Limey Birds were wonderful, Sweet Tarts were plenty bawdy and warrant their NC17 rating, and Get Shrewed (or something like that) was the favorite of the wife for some reason.  I do believe it had something to do with the lady besting the man.

Enjoy your time at the fair.  I am green with envy.

Capt Spleen

We were there Saturday only, but had a great time!
Looked for AMYJ but never saw any green kilted horned gent.
The weather was PERFECT!
This faire never disappoints! The Jolly Rogers get better every year!
......and there was a BOFFER area where you can fight others with boffer type swords. And the king was participating.

Amyj

We were there...our friend with the green kilt was under the weather most of the time so he went mundane.  Had a great time, even helped play a "prank" on Capt. Patch of the Musical Blades at Saturday's pub sing!!!  Now, only 7 months until St. Louis faire!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

TKM

Quote from: Capt Spleen on October 13, 2008, 10:36:35 PM
......and there was a BOFFER area where you can fight others with boffer type swords. And the king was participating.

i believe you mean the barbarian battles. i'm in close ranks with everyone there... but the king participated? i never saw that