News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Vilification Tennis P******* Special

Started by Baron Doune, September 12, 2008, 07:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron Doune

Has thing already happened????  Info please?

(edited....)

Looking for info please?

(wait a second, where did that emote come from???  *gets out the Roundup*)

Has this already happened?

Not sure did I break the rules?

???

!!!

Ethel

Which special are you referring to?  I'm slightly confused.

Our next non-fest shows are the Electile Dysfunction shows at the Bryant Lake Bowl in late October.  More information at www.vilificationtennis.com.

Otherwise, we have no specials at Fest, except for our Last Day show, where we "try and get ourselves fired."

Ethel

Noble Dreg

I'm going to guess he's asking about the "Ping-Pong" special?  I'll be there, always enjoy Vil.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Kiss-me-Kate

Darn I have to work.  It would be interesting to see Vil Ten toned down.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

groomporter

Was it Vilification or the Smoker that prompted the warning at Saturday Cast Call that pedophilia/incest jokes were no longer acceptable? (supposedly the office got called with complaints the previous Monday.)
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Will Gamwell

Both were pointed out as receiving complaints from paytrons/playtrons.

Noble Dreg

Lordy Lordy, No more insest, pedophilia, alcohol past the gate, nor belly buttons outside gypsy camp.  What is the world coming to?

Next they'll ban cod-pieces and kilts.  Is that cleavage I see!?   :o

Mickey Mouse is coming, I'm sure of it.

All said with humor.  ;D
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Ethel

Quote from: Noble Dreg on September 15, 2008, 07:25:37 PM
I'm going to guess he's asking about the "Ping-Pong" special?  I'll be there, always enjoy Vil.

That's always on Festival Friday.  We do a kid's show.

Will Gamwell

Alas, I shall miss the kid's show again this year.  Have to work my "real" job.  Still want to see it.

Ethel

If it makes you feel any better, I've never seen it, either!

Will Gamwell

Kiss-me-Kate

Incest and pediophilia jokes are off limits?  Are you freakin' kidding?

Like the twenty warnings you give out loud and clear BEFORE Vil starts isn't a warning AND the smoker is for adults only!
>:( stupid wet blanket whining babies  >:(
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Ethel

We also patrol the crowd for kids during the show.  And we've avoided mics for years, despite multiple requests from patrons for the show to be miced.

We try to make it ok and opt-in, especially for "drive-bys."  We really do.  And I won't deny that sometimes we cross the line without realizing it.  But honestly, it sometimes feels like whenever there's a complaint, we're one of the first that have the finger pointed at them, despite our efforts to be COMPLETELY UP FRONT about what the show is and despite all our efforts to be conscious of and abide by the rules.

Laurie/Ethel

Lord Figaro

As Eddie Izzard said in one of his shows. "Be careful California (or in this case everywhere it would seem), or the only fun place left to hang out at pretty soon will be the library".  What's next? No ugly jokes, because to many people resemble those remarks??? I remember on the old boards there was a posting of a dream fest having an off the way "adult only" section, with gate guards to keep the kiddies out. The more time goes by, the more it sounds like a pretty good idea.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Charlotte Rowan

Electile Dysfunction....love it. I'll have to see if I can make it to that.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

groomporter

Quote from: Kiss-me-Kate on September 16, 2008, 06:38:36 PM
Incest and pediophilia jokes are off limits?  Are you freakin' kidding?

Like the twenty warnings you give out loud and clear BEFORE Vil starts isn't a warning AND the smoker is for adults only!
>:( stupid wet blanket whining babies  >:(

The warning at cast call actually threatened people with being dropped from the cast.

Lord Figaro

I've sent a complaint of my own. This PC crud is getting ridiculous.

George Santayana

TheFerret

Last season I had a woman ask me to cover up my cleavage because she was trying to keep her boys as pure and innocent for as long as she could. Haven't had anything like that happen this year though.
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

Will Gamwell

Quote from: Lord Figaro on September 18, 2008, 03:38:08 PM
I've sent a complaint of my own. This PC crud is getting ridiculous.

All I have to say is that you rock Fig!

groomporter

Quote from: theferret on September 18, 2008, 05:05:38 PM
Last season I had a woman ask me to cover up my cleavage because she was trying to keep her boys as pure and innocent for as long as she could. Haven't had anything like that happen this year though.

Maybe someone should start a tack shop out at fest and sell blinders.

-oh and gags and earmuffs to say and hear no evil...

A friend has a story from a few years ago had a woman physically try to tuck her breasts down because she though she was about to pop out.

TheFerret

Quote from: groomporter on September 19, 2008, 09:19:56 AM
Quote from: theferret on September 18, 2008, 05:05:38 PM

Maybe someone should start a tack shop out at fest and sell blinders.

-oh and gags and earmuffs to say and hear no evil...

A friend has a story from a few years ago had a woman physically try to tuck her breasts down because she though she was about to pop out.

That could be really interesting! Maybe even get some of the pony play crowd out (I wonder if there are any in Minnesota...). The woman then made her boys sit down facing outside because that was "safer".

We tested something last weekend. From the height the boys were at, they couldn't see anything. I think the woman was just jealous...or at least that's the boyfriend's theory!
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

Lord Figaro

Thanks Rafe. I doubt they'll pay any attention to it. But hey, I'm a paying patron too, I have a voice, and it's about time I used it.

And theferret, that's not the first time I've heard someone talk about that. But it's harder to control when there are so many people there, that are paying customers, with the same or even more cleavage.  But I wouldn't be a bit surprised to hear fest mngmt come down on this next.

This is the basic letter I wrote. I'm not a great writer by any means, but I said my piece.

Hi there,

I'm just a total fan of the ren fest and love attending. It has come to my attention however that certain people have complained about vil tennis. Being that certain jokes are found to be offensive. Are we going to keep taking parts of the fest away till it's so P.C. that it's to become unrecognizable? I say if someone is that much of an idiot to continue to listen, even after all the warnings given that it is not a child friendly show. Then they get what they deserve for being stupid.

What is the world of fest coming to? Are we going to ban cod-pieces? Wait a minute, that woman is showing far to much cleavage. This is a ren fest, it grew to it's popularity on jokes that others may find offensive. But you could no more tell Eddy Murphy, in his day or Chris Rock, to clean up their acts. Why then are we pandering to the lowest common denominator here? And act as popular as Vil tennis or the smoker for instance, have jokes that others may not get or appreciate. But why then is their view point so much more important?

I am positive that I spend a whole lot more money at fest, than these idiot complaint people do. I've been a season ticket holder for at least the last 7 years. Not to mention the shops I go to and purchase from every year to build my garb. Or, because the artist makes something that will decorate my house. I would be surprised if these people who love to complai,n come out more than once a year, nor spend as much as I do. But it would appear from these constant knee jerk reactions, the regular patrons opinion is irrelevant.

I say, if a person wants total clean family entertainment, then let them go to Disney. The ren fest is for both family and adult. God knows there are plenty of warnings given. I and many others like me say, if the patron isn't going to listen to the warnings before a show. Then they get what they deserve.

George Santayana

Sitara

As far as the cleavage goes, a couple years ago Joy and myself were told to "tone down the cleavage".  Our solution was to completely cover it with scads and scads of glitter as well as writing messages on them.  Tone down the cleavage...bah!
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Muffin

Quote from: Sitara on September 19, 2008, 01:37:10 PM
As far as the cleavage goes, a couple years ago Joy and myself were told to "tone down the cleavage".  Our solution was to completely cover it with scads and scads of glitter as well as writing messages on them.  Tone down the cleavage...bah!

Yet another reason why I loves you!! hee hee!  :-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Lord Figaro

Quote from: Sitara on September 19, 2008, 01:37:10 PM

Good for you.

George Santayana