News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Age of Chivary Renaissance Faire - Las Vegas NV

Started by willin, May 12, 2008, 05:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willin

Age of Chivalry Renaissance Faire
Las Vegas NV

Oct. 10, 11 & 12, 2008

http://www.lvrenfair.com/gen_info.asp
GOT FEET ?

Blushing

This is a fantastic faire - and it is a LONG three days - I promise you!  besides booths galore, there are performers, awesome concerts and countless guilds and clans represented.

Besides, it's in Vegas!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Lady Toadflinger

Good Morrow! A small group of us Northern California rennies will be attending the Faire in Las Vegas this fall, and I am wondering what kind of weather/temps to expect.  I want to get my garb in order (maybe make some new stuff), so I need to know if it will be hot or what.  ??? Are there any locals who can give me some info?  Gramercy! :)
keeper of the royal menagerie

Abbot Bubo

It's impossible to say what to expect weather wise...Usually daytime highs in the 90's and lows in the 60's.  It sometimes the highs can be in the 100's and the lows in the 40's...however, it's never "cold"...it's always the second weekend of October.  Last year we had a bit of rain one night and the rest of the time was fine.  Two years ago it rained heavily for two days.  Four years ago it was extremely windy and several tents were blown into the lake (none from my guild).  Sorry I can't be of more help.  I've been to Vegas faire 10 of the last 12 years.

Lady Toadflinger

Thanks for the info, Abbot Bubo. I guess  I can work with that. I didn't really expect cool weather, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  We are really looking forward to the trip.  I'm sure it will be fun to do the regular "Vegas stuff" as well as the Faire. ;D

Blushing

And "cool" to Vegas locals that time of year can mean 60s ... which is perfect for heavy garb!

But yes, weather can be anything.

And if you're flying, be prepared to wait a long time for your luggage at McCarran.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Lady Toadflinger

I have another question for you all .  How strict are the people at the gate about the rules covering bringing in outside "beverages" ?  My daughter's boyfriend is determined to fill his pewter flask with, shall we say, a favorite beverage of many pirates. Is he likely to get by with this?  I am trying to convince him to rely on the ale booths inside the Faire, but he is rather a determined young man. Any thoughts on this issue?

Abbot Bubo

If he's just attending, I'm not sure how strict the gate will be, but if it's just a flask there won't be a problem (they don't do pat downs, especially if wearing garb).  If he, or someone he knows, will be camping then there are no restrictions for bringing in anything.  My kingdom runs all the beer booths and constantly refilling a tankard can get expensive.  However, everyone is quite friendly and will kindly wet his tongue if he is daring enough to taste what is offered to him.  Back when I was only an attendee, I'd have two large bottles (wine bottle size), 2-4 smaller vials hanging off my belt and a flask in a pouch....they never checked the "contents".

Lady Toadflinger

Once again, thank you for the info, Abbot Bubo.  I informed my daughter's boyfriend of your answer, and  he got a big smile , ;D ,on his face. We are all really looking forward to this Faire!

crazyrennie

Hello Abbot Bubo-
Perchance I know you by another name?
Within the ECS I am known as Lord Sir Kheldar-
Hoping to be up to Vega soon

Lady Eriu

Artenyin and I hope to attend at Vegas this year, also, funds and work permitting. It will be a much-needed break from the work of planning and helping with the Ravenshire Ren Faire here at home. We need to make encampment arrangements soon if we are able to go.

Syrilla

IF all works to the best, I would like to visit your festival.  What things would you say not to miss, or must see.  Or even makes it special?

Abbot Bubo

Countdown: set-up starts four weeks from today...Woo Hoo!!!

Lady Toadflinger

Abbot Bubo