News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tournament Weekend?

Started by Jademozingo, July 01, 2009, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jademozingo

I have gone to two weekends (these are my first experiences at a faire) and noticed the themes weren't very evident.  I was wondering if this was differant on tournament weekend or about the same?

Thanks
Jade

temper

Actually, I have to agree that the "themes" aren't really clear to me either but it was still a good time. We had a lot of fun at this faire Saturday, despite the rain!
Temper; what makes a good sword, be sure to keep it.

Old Tinker

good day to thee good Jade, me's is Old Tinker. so glad thee have dropp'd by KYHRF. me Belle and me are pay-trons as thee-self. the KYHRF is now four years young. we have visit'd every year, almost every weekend. we both hope to meet thee someday there.
as fore the theme weekends, the one that sticks out most in our minds is the masquerade weekend. on this weekend it is pretty clear what the theme is, but most weekends the theme seems to stay focus'd around the cast. but one must either follow them or be at the hall at the right time. as they build there presence here in the state and around, me's is sure the themes will become more evident. as fore the tournament weekend, me thinks this refers to the jiost'n. but there are others that get involv'd also.
not much info from this Old Tinker, me's spend most of me time wonder'n the grounds in search of young'uns that me's like to give gifts to (well, with a few ales add'd)(wait, me means ale for me's not that me's would give a young'un an ale).
mayhaps another will notice thy post and be able to give a little more insight into thy question.

dearest temper, so glad thee enjoy'd thyself, rain includ'd. this last weekend was the M'Crack Family Gather'n at KYHRF. did you or Jade happen to see the group that was there ? there a happy bunch of rennies that enjoy ren fest to the ut-most. there really a blast to be around.

all in all, me Belle and me go to support our home state ren fest, see friends we have made, enjoy the shows and just maybe have an ale or two  ::) . but really ren fest'n is an art, we walk through the gates and become our personas, and enjoy a day at Briarwood as if we had live'd then.

so glad to have heard from the both of you and hope to see thee at Briarwood this come'n next two weekends, fore that is all there will be for 2009.

may all have good fortune,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Jademozingo

I brought my son on sunday anyways, not much differant but I can be patient as far as that goes.  He loved seeing Dockter Kaboom and the equestrian and joust shows along with the music.  Nevermind the amount of money I spent on his "things" (tunic, b