News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

M'Crack Invasion of GARF 2009

Started by Lairde Guardn, September 13, 2008, 10:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Thank you all for responding, but I believe my memory decieved me. I am coming in for the May 2/3 weekend and was thinking of the Tennessee faire opening weekend which is the 2nd/3rd. My apoligies for the misunderstanding. I was going to go to the GA faire on either the Saturday or Sunday and the Tenn faire on the opposite day. I lumped them together. So, it will really be the 3rd weekend of GA and opening of Tenn. in the same weekend. So, now that I have my witts about me again, who will be there on the 2nd or 3rd of May at GA.

Lord Sir Clisto of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

And thus does a dark cloud descend upon the lands of Fairburn, GA. :(

Lady Christina de Pond

hey sir clisto I'll be there may second also.  ;D I'm getting to go twice this year yeaaaahhh
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lord Clisto of York

Excellent!! I will have to see which day Mercy & Roland want to do Ga and which one Tenn once I get there. I have bookd my flight as of today, Tuesday, to leave Friday May 1 morning and get in to GA by noon and then return back to behind the chedder curtain here in WI on Monday May 4.

Lord Sir Clisto of York

Femme Falchion

Sir Clisto....what a crushing blow to those of us attending opening weekend.   :'(  To have our hopes raised....and then dashed....
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Lord Clisto of York

I deeply apologize. I wish it was where I could be there then. I was looking to meet others as well. Hope I still can.

Count Adolfo

I am currently speaking to the entire Clan down here in Florida...
Clan O'Conchobhair...
and many of us, I believe, will be in attendance for this event.

I can speak for myself, Galsdig M'Crack and my son (O'Snap)
we are DEFINITES.

Now, Seamus (Ewe'n) has expressed an interest... I know Treeman (Sapp'n) is considering it...
I'll have more details soon.  I'd LOVE to get the entire Chapter to come but some folks do have scheduling conflicts...

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Count Adolfo on March 25, 2009, 01:43:07 AM
I can speak for myself, Galsdig M'Crack and my son (O'Snap)
we are DEFINITES.

O.M.G.

You have just thrust upon me yet another changes of plans for opening weekend.  My local friends here who were going to come with us
have a church function that weekend that they cannot get out of.  So the wife and I were going to come and play a bit and leave early say about 3PM because we have a little furball that needs attention.  Now it looks like we will have to re-visit our former plan and come up in the motorhome so the dog will be with us and we can consider staying for pubsing.  Thanks alot my friend ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Count Adolfo

'twas ne'er my intention to displeasure!
I am very much looking forward to the GA invasion.  We are going to have an incredible time!

Kitten

THR & I won't be able to make it :( I have to work that weekend, and there's no way I can get out of it. I did hear that some of our central Florida group is planning on going up Memorial Day weekend, so we're planning on trying to join in that weekend.
Celtic Kitten

50% Merc+50% Wench=100% Battle Bytch
And darned proud of it!!!

IWG #3010 IMG #715

Rogue Chew Toy

Count Adolfo

I aim to be there both weekends.
I am still looking for more locals who want to make the M'Crack weekend.

LadyDracolich

So.. do we M'Cracks have a pub/ restaurant to meet at in the evening hours?  Are we wanting to meet up on Friday/Saturday nights?  Let me know, b/c I've found a few nice (and in one case, Irish) pubs that may be able to accommodate us.  I'd be happy to sort it out for us all.  Wooohoo!!  We're almost there!! :D
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Dallan

Since there is not a local Clan (at least not yet) I don't think anyone has set up a social gathering either night.
Fight'n

Count Adolfo

I shall certainly not be able to make it for any Friday night Gathering...

if we are coming... and I say if because there are still some challenges to overcome...
we will be leaving after work Friday.  We'll arrive in the wee, wee hours Saturday... grab breakfast, dress in the lot and go to Faire.
After Faire, we'll be available for dinner, which I believe I have an arrangement made for...
then it will be off to bed to make it for Sunday.

Sunday we'd need to leave around 3 or 4pm to get back here to FL in time to get sleep and go to work on Monday.

Remaining hurdles?
1.  A vehicle to take to GA (yeah, this one's a doozie)
2.  Possible health issue
3.  Hotel for Sat Nite has not yet been booked.
4.  If no one else is going from down here, the drive is all me and the expenses aren't split...

Wish me luck

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Sis I thynk it would be great to have a lil meet & greet on Fri eve, what say yee for locations?
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."