News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Local Gatherings in NCRF Area

Started by Lairde Guardn, September 13, 2008, 11:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lairde Guardn

Thursday 18 September - Clans O'Ceallaig, Boru and O'Driscoll of the Clan M'Crack Gathering at the Hibernian Pub in Cary - Open to all Members of the Clan M'Crack, FoCM (Friends of Clan M'Crack) and any other Rennie or friend that would like a nice nite out with Us. As always, M'Crack T'Shirt if you have one, and men in kilts. Women may wear garb if you wish, kilts and garb are not mandatory......we just want to see your smiling faces. There is an Irish Jam that evening and no cover charge. Bring an instrument and or your singing voice....if you want to join in the jam...

Sunday 21 September - Irish Music Festival at Knights of Columbus in Raleigh sponsored by the local Ancient Order of Hibernians.... This is an afternoon event from Noon til 6 PM.......Irish Music from local bands from 2 til 6.......Cost is $15 per person, children under 12 are free. Cost of the tickets includes Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Salads, all the fixins, desert and beverages including beer. Bring your own Mug and Lawn Chair and look for the Clan M'Crack EZup.....It should be fun at least is always has been in the past.... There is also a free fishing tournament for the children to keep them busy. There is a very limited number of tickets to this event. Please Contact me  for your tickets if you want to attend. Currently I have tickets for Myself and Julia, Douglas, Sharon. Jenn (2), Judie, Ari (2), Reba and Jason. Again.....T-Shirts and Kilts if you want to.......

Tuesday 30 September - M'Crack Nite Out at Tir Na Nog.......No Cover and Tennessee Jed (Julia's Son) is playing with his band.......Just a fun nite out.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Blu'n

Ok, I'm in serious need of some guidance in terms of immersing myself and having the best time possible at next year's Ren Faire. I want garb, persona, everything but I also need to get over my nerves about not knowing anything about where to start (although I'll be reading these threads like a mad woman!). I live and work in Raleigh so this looks like a good place to start to find some folks to talk to! Are newbies invited to the get togethers? I wouldn't want to be bombarding folks with questions when you have other things to talk about. I think one of the things I have worried about is that fact that I have no one to go with me to the Faire (my husband is not interested and none of my friends either). I surely can't be an unattended lady wandering about on my own! Anyway, I look forward to learning more from this site and possibly meeting some lords and ladies in the Raleigh area.

Pinn

You have come to the right place, we can and will help you.... just let us know
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Metheri

You should check out Camelot Treasures in Cary. My daughter Ruth who works there is involved with faire and can answer some of your questions.

Don't worry about being an unattached female there are many of us that walk around faire.

You should also check out Celtic Harvest at the Koka Booth Amphitheater in Cary on Oct 25th. There is also Camelot Christmas at the State Fairgrounds Dec. 5-6

Metheri
Moneypenny
Cruise Director and Brigade Secretary for Clan O'Ceallaig
Irish Penny Brigade

Blu'n

No turning back now......I just won this gorgeous gown on Ebay! I'm on my way over to the garb thread to figure out headwear, etc.

Lairde Guardn

Yes newbs are invited to any and all gatherings....
Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Nailin

Please do come to Kingston Upon Hull / NCRF and to any of our supporting events!
Celtic Halloween is always a blast!
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Blu'n

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Lairde Guardn

Well met Lady Ann......hope to see you at our next event as well......and hope you had a great time......

Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Blu'n

QuoteWell met Lady Ann......hope to see you at our next event as well......and hope you had a great time......

I was so very pleased and honored to meet you and some of the other members of the M'Crack clan. The M'Cracks are a welcoming and kind (and fun!) group. I very much look forward to the next event!

Lairde Guardn

Ok, I am calling for a gathering of the clan and all FoCM (Friends of Clan M'Crack) that live in the Triangle area.

Albanach is playing at the Tir Na Nog on Wednesday, October 8, advance tickets are $7 and tickets at the door are $10.....

Kilts, M'Crack T-Shirts and Pins Please.......and yes I would like any ladies that wish to join us in wench garb.....garb is requested...not mandatory

Lairde Guard'n
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Blu'n

I'd love to attend on the 8th. (See, I wasn't scared off last night at all!). I may need to see about borrowing some wench garb as I don't have any, but would be great to wear it if I can!

Metheri

I will be there and Leaves'n if she is not working.
Metheri
Moneypenny
Cruise Director and Brigade Secretary for Clan O'Ceallaig
Irish Penny Brigade